What's the least denomination coin you would 'bother' to pick up?

You're walking along the street and you see a coin on the floor. What denomination in terms of value you would bother to bend down and pick up? Assuming it wasn't glued there of course...(Done that before)

Edited by PeteMorris

Nothing (in Sterling) too small for me.

I pick them all up, we have a jar at home for all the loose change, and it is really surprising how soon it adds up.

We usually cash it all in when we nip off to the seaside and it's great for all the penny fall machines and such like

1p. When I am cycling around on the bike I tend to have my head down (unless it is quite busy with traffic). Close to the edge is where you find stuff. I`ve picked up coins, nuts, bolts washers etc. I have plastic tubs on the shelf in the garage for different sizes.

Coins seem quite easy for me to spot. It`s the same when I`m walking around.

I`ve not picked up any women from the gutter, but never say never.

There's a 20p in the foot well of my car that I'll get sometime when I'm less creaky than I am now.

For anything smaller it depends on whether I can find a blob of something sticky to put on the end of my walking stick to pick it up really :) The world doesn't need me getting down to pick up something if I then can't get back up again, does it?

I will pick up any coins and drop them in the next charity box I come across.

The older I get the higher the denomination.

Just not worth all the aches and pains bending down lol.

I went to the dartford crossing a few weeks ago as I came up to the toll booth I noticed a pound coin on the floor, I thought thats handy I can give that for the toll,I opened the van door reached out for the coin,as I was doing this my van rolled forwards and the barrier dropped on the bonnet of my van and put a big dent in it,when I handed the pound coin to the guy in the booth he looked at it and said thats no good mate its a sexton blake and handed it back to me.:(

I went to the dartford crossing a few weeks ago as I came up to the toll booth I noticed a pound coin on the floor, I thought thats handy I can give that for the toll,I opened the van door reached out for the coin,as I was doing this my van rolled forwards and the barrier dropped on the bonnet of my van and put a big dent in it,when I handed the pound coin to the guy in the booth he looked at it and said thats no good mate its a sexton blake and handed it back to me.:(

I bet you weren't the first he'd caught that day

Nothing (in Sterling) too small for me.

I collect aluminium cans to weigh in, or any bit of metal, it all adds up, and makes the streets look tidier.

something about great oaks growing from small acorns

A penny, easily. I wait for my change in a shop, regardless of value.

Look after the pennies, and the pounds take care of themselves.