Brave boys of the Taliban at it again

"A persons worth is not decided by the colour of their skin, religion, sexual orientation, gender or ability.

It is decided by their words, deeds and how they treat their fellow human beings."

Can't disagree with those statements.

I can't believe you're saying all that without condemning the Taliban after the mass murders of all those innocent school children.

Many of the evil crimes they perpetrate on their own people hardly gets reported, women and children are often among the victims.

And the mass killings of over a hundred Pakistani Christians in a church last year didn't even make the headlines.

Most Muslims do condemn them though, only we don't get to hear about that much in the media either.

The reason I'm saying all that is in response to the nonsense comments posted on this thread. Certain posters have no empathy with the people of Pakistan. They just see this as another opportunity to have a pop at Pakistanis. You should be asking them the question you're asking me.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 19:56 ----------

And what do you suggest the U.S do about this?

Send drones?...oh wait...:gag:

Send Money?...oh,err...:gag:

what do you propose Pakistan do about it? America forced Pakistan into a war against the Taliban and 13 years later the Taliban are more active than ever before.

It's easy for America to cause the conflict and then leave Pakistan and Afghanistan to pick up the pieces. A similar situation exists in Iraq and Syria caused by America.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 20:03 ----------

Care to explain why it is a nonsense statement? Do you not feel it is time for Pakistan to sort out the issues it has with the Taliban?

That figure is the total population of Pakistan (estimated) I realise that sort of comment might go over the head of some people, but I am happy to explain the punchline...

You said Pakistan should sort out its own backyard failing to mention that America forced Pakistan into a conflict with the Taliban in the first place and is now leaving Pakistan and Afghanistan to the mess America created. Only being able to sight womens education as an achievement which was not the objective of going into Afghanistan.

There is no punchline considering only 30 percent of Pakistanis in the UK are actually from one of the four provinces of Pakistan. The other 70 percent were imported from a handful of villages in Southern Azad Kashmir by Enoch Powell. Doesn't do much for your theory of all Pakistanis coming to England.

Edited by Bounce

You said Pakistan should sort out its own backyard failing to mention that America forced Pakistan into a conflict with the Taliban in the first place and is now leaving Pakistan and Afghanistan to the mess America created. Only being able to sight womens education as an achievement which was not the objective of going into Afghanistan.

There is no punchline considering only 30 percent of Pakistanis in the UK are actually from one of the four provinces of Pakistan. The other 70 percent were imported from a handful of villages in Southern Azad Kashmir by Enoch Powell. Doesn't do much for your theory of all Pakistanis coming to England.

It appears you are misunderstanding the nature of my comments. On the latter point: It was in reply to someone stating "No wonder they all come here" - to which my reply was along the lines of: that is why 182 million Pakistanis (population of Pakistan) live in the UK.

Regarding the involvement of the US: I agree they are complicit, but don't ignore the fact that the Pakistani government has quite happily accepted a very large amount of money and weapons to support their army in the last few decades.

The reason I'm saying all that is in response to the nonsense comments posted on this thread. Certain posters have no empathy with the people of Pakistan. They just see this as another opportunity to have a pop at Pakistanis. You should be asking them the question you're asking me.

I asked you because you appear to possess a more in depth knowledge about the subject of Pakistan then those "certain other posters".

I do think you've misinterpreted some of the comments though.

I'm going on what I'm viewing on the major news channels in the present, which as well as seeing those shocking images we've viewed reminding us of past events, also includes listening to interviews and accounts of the situation there from moderate Muslims condemning the Taliban.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 19:56 ----------

[/color]

what do you propose Pakistan do about it? America forced Pakistan into a war against the Taliban and 13 years later the Taliban are more active than ever before.

It's easy for America to cause the conflict and then leave Pakistan and Afghanistan to pick up the pieces. A similar situation exists in Iraq and Syria caused by America.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 20:03 ----------

Forced into a war with the Taliban?

Are you saying that if America hadn't attacked the Taliban,then Pakistan would now be holding hands with the Taliban instead?

And thats o.k?

The population of Pakistan,far out numbers the Taliban.

If they want rid,they will get rid.

You might not want to believe that Pakistan had anything to do with the Taliban,but they did.

Pakistan and Afghanistan really need to wake up and work together to defeat the Taliban and put peace in place along their shared border, by whatever means necessary.

Those within ISI (not to be confused with IS or ISIS) who are backing/protecting Taliban and Islamist interests need rooting out and eliminating, same over the border in Afghanistan. It's just so complicated and difficult, though. They would be best splitting the place into 100 small counties based on tribal loyalties and starting again.

Saudi Arabia created the Taliban\ISIS for a purpose. Saudi Arabia is supported by USA\UK. These kinds of acts round the world can be stopped by putting pressure on the Saudi royal family but this is not gona happen as there is big bucks and common interest at stake...

If it had nothing to do with religion, religion wouldn't be an excuse. Religions usually state you should not kill, but that usually only applies to the in-group - not the out-group. The out-group(those who differ or deviate from those aggressive forms of religion) are usually seen a threat - or the enemy. And those who heavily depend on religion will, and evidently do, go to extremes to quash that "threat."

And just to be clear here, not all religious people depend on religion the same. Most, IMO, are moderate and progressive and open to new and different ideas. Some just can't tolerate and accept those differences - which is why they do what they do.

It's just a way for people to kill and in their eyes, to have an excuse to do it.

It's just a way for people to kill and in their eyes, to have an excuse to do it.

Why does nationalism become an excuse? Why does football become an excuse? Why does religion become an excuse? What's common amongst those who identify with nationalism, football and religion. How does nationalism, football, religion shape peoples identity and views about those who differ. Those are the questions that need to be asked. [Edit] I should have added here: When you have the answers to those questions, you should find religion is very much the problem.

It's a complete fallacy or nonsense to suggest religion has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Ryedo40

Why does nationalism become an excuse? Why does football become an excuse? Why does religion become an excuse? What's common amongst those who identify with nationalism, football and religion. How does nationalism, football, religion shape peoples identity and views about those who differ. Those are the questions that need to be asked.

It's a complete fallacy or nonsense to suggest religion has nothing to do with it.

Religion has always been an excuse to kill someone with a different point of view or belief. The Islamist states seem to have been doing this since the year dot. Yes Christians have also had "bad press" over the centuries, but they seem to have grown up a bit since them.....whereas!!!

Why does nationalism become an excuse? Why does football become an excuse? Why does religion become an excuse? What's common amongst those who identify with nationalism, football and religion. How does nationalism, football, religion shape peoples identity and views about those who differ. Those are the questions that need to be asked. [Edit] I should have added here: When you have the answers to those questions, you should find religion is very much the problem.

I didn't say religion had nothing to do with it. It's religion that gives them their excuse.

I didn't say religion had nothing to do with it. It's religion that gives them their excuse.

You are right, you didn't say that. But when people say religion is an excuse or use religion as an excuse, it's usually attempt to shift the buck and absolve religion of any blame.

This is a good read..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30520596

"The vast majority of Pakistanis may be united in grief for the school children murdered in Peshawar - but many say they still don't know who carried out the attacks.

For the media - both in Pakistan and abroad - the issue is clear enough: the Pakistani Taliban did it.

Not only has the organisation claimed the attacks. but the intelligence service ISI also recorded real time messages from handlers to the gunmen in the school.

Those messages, the ISI has told journalists, came from the phones of Afghan-based, Pakistani Taliban organisers.

But in Peshawar even people who witnessed the attack hesitate to blame the Taliban by name.

They not only fear reprisals but are also following the hesitancy of a political elite that remains largely unwilling to name and condemn the Pakistani Taliban in unequivocal terms". cont............