What's the least denomination coin you would 'bother' to pick up?

Like the old rhyme says,

"See a penny, pick it up,

All that day you'll have good luck."

A more interesting question is what is the largest amount of money you would find and keep quiet about?

A fiver for sure.

£100? Would you hand it in to the police?

What about £100,000 dodgily wrapped so it looked like the proceeds of crime?

Or a million?

Like the old rhyme says,

"See a penny, pick it up,

All that day you'll have good luck."

A more interesting question is what is the largest amount of money you would find and keep quiet about?

A fiver for sure.

£100? Would you hand it in to the police?

What about £100,000 dodgily wrapped so it looked like the proceeds of crime?

Or a million?

I'd stash £100,000. No criminals going to walk into a police station to report it missing.:)

I'd still pick up a halfpenny if I saw one on the pavement.

Is it that you couldn't be bothered to pick up brass coinage, or is it the 'stigma' of being a sad so-and-so that would stop you?

For me I think I wouldn't want to be 'seen' as 'sad'. So I'd rather ignore it.

Mind you, in my younger days....I have been known to superglue a pound coin to the floor in a shopping centre and sit back and watch people, cover it with their foot, and surreptitiously bend down to pick it up to find they couldn't.

There's a shiny two pence coin stuck to the pavement in Hillsborough. I'm not going to say exactly where, but my three year old granddaughter tried to pick it up, and I tried to help her, without success! :D

I'd pick up any coin I saw, and put it in a charity tin, no denomination too small, it all adds up.

There's a shiny two pence coin stuck to the pavement in Hillsborough. I'm not going to say exactly where, but my three year old granddaughter tried to pick it up, and I tried to help her, without success! :D

I'd pick up any coin I saw, and put it in a charity tin, no denomination too small, it all adds up.

Why? Just so that other forumers try too? It's pretty clearly stuck down.

A one pence piece - I picked one up as a matter of fact the other day and shoved it in my pocket.

You never know when you will be one pence short of purchasing something.

In particular, how many times have you been to the petrol station to fill up and no matter how careful you've been to try and keep the price displayed to around an equal amount and its gone over by a penny ?

Why? Just so that other forumers try too? It's pretty clearly stuck down.

Near my home there are some bolts on the pavement near to a street full of pubs that look a little bit like 20p pieces, the amount of drunk people trying to pick them up is quite high, I've done it myself on multiple occasions when tipsy!