Phone number/ WhatsApp

OK I can't find my answer on web, so thought I'd try here.

My WhatsApp was set up using my old number. Me and my partner split up a while back and I changed number, I did not give her my new number, and deleted the conversations we had on whatsapp. I did not block her though.

I received a message from her on WhatsApp :( does this mean if she didn't delete our conversation, my new number will be displayed?

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 04:45 ----------

Also I deleted her number out of my phone but its showing her number on WhatsApp, this is why I'm thinking my number will be displayed too :(

Hi and thanks for reply.

if you are reffering to going into accounts and changing number, then no I didn't change number.

Its been about 3 months since I changed sim, so can't remember if WhatsApp asked me to do this or if it asked me anything.

It will still be showing your old number at her end. My brother recently changed numbers after moving countries and Whatsapp still displays his old number despite all attempts for him to reregister it to his new number. I have to keep his old number in my phone so that the message come through linked to his name yet the messages go to his new number. A very strange set up indeed.

Hope this is what is happening to me then, thanks for your info much appreciated :)

A friend of mine has Whatsapp... He messaged me and I added him as a contact. We spoke on Whatsapp all the time but one day I tried to call him, and I got through to his mum. What he had done was register Whatsapp with his mums sim in his phone, then put his own sim in afterwards and wasn't required to change anything. He still got all the messages delivered to him (assuming his mum didnt have whatsapp, not sure what would happen then) but nobody who added him as a contact via whatsapp has his actual number.