Indoor Humidity ??

Does anybody know what the normal humidity level should be for inside a house? Mine seems to be around 65 - 70% is that high?

40 to 60 is optimal, so a little high.

any idea how to reduce it?

Dehumidifier with the heating on is probably the best option. You can also avoid doing things like drying washing indoors, use extractors in the bathroom and kitchen etc.

I've heard lots of good things around PIV's, Envirovent get good referrals on here.

I've heard lots of good things around PIV's, Envirovent get good referrals on here.

Positive input ventilation systems are not cheap though, I imagine. :confused:

Positive input ventilation systems are not cheap though, I imagine. :confused:

Cheaper than a De-humidifier and the associated running cost over its life.

Cheaper than a De-humidifier and the associated running cost over its life.

Flippin' 'eck! I can't believe the difference in power usage. It would only take a couple of years to pay back the cost of a PIV unit. Cheers for that.

Anybody got a PIV unit???

Flippin' 'eck! I can't believe the difference in power usage. It would only take a couple of years to pay back the cost of a PIV unit. Cheers for that.

I can't see how they charge so much for the PIV system (500-600 range), its essentially a PC fan just to push the air flow around, I imagine you could fabricate one quite cheaply.

I can't see how they charge so much for the PIV system (500-600 range), its essentially a PC fan just to push the air flow around, I imagine you could fabricate one quite cheaply.

It has a heater as well, plus filters, plus a sensor to detect input air temperature

And a filter, and a very economical pump that costs pennies to run, and a brilliant team who fit the system, leaving the house cleaner when they went than when they came....