Roscoe Bank Rivelin

There is an old stone house called Rivelin Villa on Roscoe Bank at Rivelin. It's on the corner of Onchan Road. I wondered if anyone had any information about it.

I apologise for 'bumping' this thread up, but I have recently discovered that a John Thomas Booth was living in this house in 1911. Has anyone any information about this house and it's occupants in the past please?

Four years on and I am again trying to find out more about this house - has anyone any information ?

Four years on and I am again trying to find out more about this house - has anyone any information ?

Maybe an addess will help,

try 12 Onchan Road.

Maybe an addess will help,

try 12 Onchan Road.

Got that - thanks.

My great grandfather, Harry Booth, lived in the house with his family some time after 1911.

I have photographs taken of the house and of gatherings in the garden and was interested to know if anyone else had knowledge of the buliding and the occupiers before and after Harry lived there.

Thanks for your contribution - much appreciated.

Harry Booth, grocer. Rivelin Villa, Onchan road.

Kelly's dirct: 1925

Jn H Jowle, 12 Onchan Road.

Kelly's dirct: 1965

Thanks for that. I remember the Jowle family living in the 'old house' when I was a little girl.

Mrs. Eunice Booth 12 Onchan Road .

Kellys directory 1961 .

Mrs. Eunice Booth 12 Onchan Road .

Kellys directory 1961 .

My great grandma - bless her !

Thank you !

My great great grandfather lived in a house called Rivelin Villa (somewhere around Liberty Hill) about 1870-1883. I was under the impression that he built it, but that could be wrong. Would love to see photos (old and new) and learn more about the property.

Dave

Edited by DThor
spelling mistake

Squire Elijah Oates was my gg grandfather. Sometime around 1884 he moved to be landlord at the Sportsman Inn Stannington (he died there in 1891). Somewhere I have an indenture record that he purchased a plot of land on the Liberty Hill development, which is where I assume he built Rivelin Villa.

Dave