Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

Hello there David France - I have just been contacted by my cousin Bob Hoyland to inform me of tomorrow's reunion and I very much hope to attend along with him and his elder brother Bill. My name was Elaine Turner and you were in my class and I remember you very well. I dug out only recently a school photo of several children in the infant's playground which i will bring with me. Unfortunately you are not on it but along with myself I remember Trevor Bingley David Roberts and Pamela Hague - perhaps you will be able to put names to the rest. Look forward very much to meeting folks again.

Hello Elaine, sadly I couldn't get to the reunion, but on seeing the video it looks as though you all greatly enjoyed catching up after all these years! I was also in your class, and remember the boys you mention. David Roberts was a very good friend of mine. If I let you have my email address, would you mind sending any photos you have?

Hello there - I will certainly forward you a copy of the small group photo I have - unfortunately my PC is playing up at the moment and refuses to communicate with my printer/scanner. However I will do that for you when it is sorted. I am curious now as to who you are so perhaps you will enlighten me as to your name and where you lived. Kind regards - Elaine Tame (nee Turner)

PS I was really saddened to learn of David's untimely death - so tragic.

Hello there - I will certainly forward you a copy of the small group photo I have - unfortunately my PC is playing up at the moment and refuses to communicate with my printer/scanner. However I will do that for you when it is sorted. I am curious now as to who you are so perhaps you will enlighten me as to your name and where you lived. Kind regards - Elaine Tame (nee Turner)

PS I was really saddened to learn of David's untimely death - so tragic.

Hello Elaine, hope you manage to sort out your PC, and thanks in advance for the photos. I'll P. M. you with my email address.

I'm Tony Hardwick. I used to live on Thorp Road off Highfields. Miss Eyre insisted that I was spelling the name of our road wrongly, and that it should have an e on the end. she sent one of our class mates home with me one day after school to prove me wrong, however it was she who was proved to be wrong. She never apologised though!

Thanks again.

[...]I do have some old photo's of teachers in the Queen's Siver Jubillee year of 1977. Most of you lot will probably not know any of them, but they were brilliant teachers. The only teacher's that you may recall, who were at Sharrow Lane when I attended, were Mrs Timperley (Head of Infants) and Mrs Pearson (Deputy Head). My first teacher was called Mrs Ancliffe, who had taught at the school in the 1960s at least. Apparently a bomb hit the main middle building in the early 40s, causing substantial damage to the roof and windows of the boys upper level.

That's quite an unusual name.

I wonder whether this was the same Mrs Timperley who later worked just down the road at Hunter's Bar in the late 70s/early80s.

I can recall the name, but not at all what she looked like... I thought with the years being quite close, and the schools being close that it could have been the same person.

Hello there Elaine, would you remember me from Lansdowne road , I was Pauline Clarke .

I saw you on the reunion posting , although I could not make the reunion, but it would be nice if you were to message me back.

Great to hear from you .

I have only just seen the notice for the School reunion back in February. I will have to send my belated apologies for not attending as I live in New Zealand. But mainly because I have only just discovered the mine of recollections that is Sheffield Forum. How fabulous.

My name is Paul Wake and I attended SLS from 1955 to 1961 before departing for Newfield.I watched the YouTube video of the reunion and its a good job that I didn't attend because the place was full of old grey haired people that I didn't know. All the best folks and hope you had a memorable time

Yeah, I didn't get there either, will try to get to the next one if anyone organises it

Hello there Elaine, would you remember me from Lansdowne road , I was Pauline Clarke .

I saw you on the reunion posting , although I could not make the reunion, but it would be nice if you were to message me back.

Great to hear from you .

I've just seen this thread, I was at Sharrow Lane school from 1940 to 51 and would have loved to go to a re-union!

I did notice the name Pauline Clarke in the thread, if you see this Pauline do you remember Darrell from Sharrow Street when you used to call for June Kirkland in the 50's!? Would be great to hear from you after all these years!

This brought back such happy memories.

I am organising another reunion for all Sharrow Lane pupils who were there before 1956....and for the youngsters of Fentonville St, Langdon T, Priory Rd of that time. It will take place in the school cafe at 12 noon on Wednesday 26th June. If you would like to join us please be prepared to purchase food and drink at the cafe.....it doesn’t operate on thin air!  Car parking is limited. I would appreciate a personal message so that I can give the cafe some idea of numbers in advance. 

THANK YOU  Very much.I am looking forward to seeing some of the old\young class mates.What is left of us .I missed the last reunion

hi darrel  did you get my message regarding the people we were at school with together     

look forward to seeing you on the 26th   denis anson