BT TV update - awful!

I do record things week after week, University Challenge and Only Connect to name but all of them.

Update: (no pun)

The new TV software is intolerable, and I'm not wasting £60 a month on something that does my head in.

I went onto their website to look for the direct number to cancel my subscription. You can go through page after page and not find it. It's not there via any of the options that are available to click on. You just go around in circles. (see this thread on HMRC for exactly same thing:hihi:)

I spent a while on this, even google just sends you to BT links. I saw how to make a complaint just to write something about what I thought about them. You can't even open that page!

Amazing how when you click on 'Buy new BT products' the screen opens instantaneously! :hihi:

I eventually found the number and phoned it. I said the TV was rubbish, so I asked him to cancel my service. (no contract left).

He said you are paying £44 for your broadband, and we do a much better deal than that. Do you want to cancel your tv and get a cheaper broadband choice?

I just said, so the new tv software is rubbish, and you've been ripping me off with my broadband too? He said I can sort that for you now. You have to sign for 18 months for it.

I mean are they having a ****ing laugh?! They, THEY introduced the software that doesn't work right. They admit I'm being ripped off. And they expect me to pay for their wonderful service for 18 more months. Are the people who write their lines for them on drugs or what?

I told him just cancel it all. He said ok, there's a £31 charge (plus half a month +30 days), so about £90 to cancel.

longer story short I hung up as I felt a cardiac arrest coming along.

-

I was happy with it before. They cocked the whole thing up and expect me to pay to get rid of it?

It just strikes me as unfair. What can you do though?

-

No need to reply. I'll save anyone the trouble of saying 'are you glad you've got that off your chest' by already answering that, with yes.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 23:02 ----------

I emailed them to complain about the tv and the cost of cancelling service.

I specifically said in the email that I wanted an email response because I can't hear phones very clearly, and they rang me. My answermachine message was from an indian call centre and after 3 times of listening I got the gist. I have to pay it.

So I'm going to.

I agree that new BT interface is utter ....

It doesn't even allow you to search by channels, browsing

the menu is impossible because it gives you very few sections to choose and it runs like Windows 95 on 4 mb of ram and 386 CPU. SX one.

Update: (no pun)

The new TV software is intolerable, and I'm not wasting £60 a month on something that does my head in.

I went onto their website to look for the direct number to cancel my subscription. You can go through page after page and not find it. It's not there via any of the options that are available to click on. You just go around in circles. (see this thread on HMRC for exactly same thing:hihi:)

I spent a while on this, even google just sends you to BT links. I saw how to make a complaint just to write something about what I thought about them. You can't even open that page!

Amazing how when you click on 'Buy new BT products' the screen opens instantaneously! :hihi:

I eventually found the number and phoned it. I said the TV was rubbish, so I asked him to cancel my service. (no contract left).

He said you are paying £44 for your broadband, and we do a much better deal than that. Do you want to cancel your tv and get a cheaper broadband choice?

I just said, so the new tv software is rubbish, and you've been ripping me off with my broadband too? He said I can sort that for you now. You have to sign for 18 months for it.

I mean are they having a ****ing laugh?! They, THEY introduced the software that doesn't work right. They admit I'm being ripped off. And they expect me to pay for their wonderful service for 18 more months. Are the people who write their lines for them on drugs or what?

I told him just cancel it all. He said ok, there's a £31 charge (plus half a month +30 days), so about £90 to cancel.

longer story short I hung up as I felt a cardiac arrest coming along.

-

I was happy with it before. They cocked the whole thing up and expect me to pay to get rid of it?

It just strikes me as unfair. What can you do though?

-

No need to reply. I'll save anyone the trouble of saying 'are you glad you've got that off your chest' by already answering that, with yes.

---------- Post added 28-05-2017 at 23:02 ----------

I emailed them to complain about the tv and the cost of cancelling service.

I specifically said in the email that I wanted an email response because I can't hear phones very clearly, and they rang me. My answermachine message was from an indian call centre and after 3 times of listening I got the gist. I have to pay it.

So I'm going to.

Sometimes, rants can be useful tools.

This post gives me a precise date, to my latest argument with them, I told them it was a few months ago, and this shows how much longer that was! :hihi: