Opinions please

I'm working with a client who will be offering serviced high-end apartments for people wanting to stay in Sheffield.

Aimed at visitors and businesses who may have staff needing to stay here from 1 night to weeks or months, the apartments will be uber modern, and will appeal to people/businesses that see themselves as very successful, urban, cosmopolitan, sophisticated in an understated way, cultured, popular, highly social, super busy, health conscious and driven. They like to work hard and play hard

Their favourite brands might be Verve Clicquot, M&S Foodhall, Waitrose, Next, Apple, Audi, Bmw, with an aspiration to own Porsche maybe. They’d probably prefer to live in large modern open plan houses, or converted warehouses/loft living with chic minimalist furniture, and original pieces of art work that they’d see as a statement about themselves. They would be tech savvy and want to own all the latest must have gadgets.

Appearances matter to these people it’s as much about being seen to be successful and to be ‘living the dream’ as actually doing so. They spend a lot of money on personal grooming, both sexes. They’re probably right-wing leaning and natural Conservative voters.

Given all of the above I would really really appreciate anyone's views on the proposed name which is Homely Apartments.

Thanks so much for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon.

'Homely' evokes doilies and chintz everywhere, far too Mrs Bouquet-ish to appeal to the target demographic.

Your client needs something far more aspirational and 'with it'.

Take it from someone who checks some of those stereotype boxes of yours, and who uses exactly these every now and then outside Sheffield (London and Manchester, mostly) ;)

EDIT: and after banging in 'serviced apartments' in Google just for a lark, what should come 3rd in list? 'Homely Serviced Apartment' in S2 (with a 5 star user rating). Now, you've heard about passing-off, right? Or did you ask on here before doing any amount of due diligence at all? ;)

Edited by L00b

'Homely' evokes doilies and chintz everywhere, far too Mrs Bouquet-ish to appeal to the target demographic.

Your client needs something far more aspirational and 'with it'.

Take it from someone who checks some of those stereotype boxes of yours, and who uses exactly these every now and then outside Sheffield (London and Manchester, mostly) ;)

EDIT: and after banging in 'serviced apartments' in Google just for a lark, what should come 3rd in list? 'Homely Serviced Apartment' in S2 (with a 5 star user rating). Now, you've heard about passing-off, right? Or did you ask on here before doing any amount of due diligence at all? ;)

Hi Loob

Really interesting feedback thank you. Not sure what you're trying to say with your edit though? It's quite possible you were looking at my client's website http://www.homelyapartments.co.uk they seem to have more than one iteration of it for some reason, so it is a bit confusing to say the least. Also I don't get involved in due diligence, my role is purely helping with marketing and sales

Hi Loob

Really interesting feedback thank you. Not sure what you're trying to say with your edit though? It's quite possible you were looking at my client's website http://www.homelyapartments.co.uk they seem to have more than one iteration of it for some reason, so it is a bit confusing to say the least. Also I don't get involved in due diligence, my role is purely helping with marketing and sales

Ah, well, if that's your client, then no issue, forget about the edit :) (though they're already using the name, so I take it that we're talking about a re-brand...)

Point stands about 'homely', though.

It just doesn't convey "cutting edge-stylish minimalist dwellings with designer furniture, rooftop terraces, 55" OLED wall-mounted panels and Interweb-connected ice making fridges stocked full of yellow Cliquot-Ponsardin goodness" ;)

More like "quiet comfy B&B run by a little old dear" (nothing whatsoever against B&Bs and/or little old dears...but I doubt it's your client product and their target market).

Or maybe it's me. 'Homely' to me is Miranda Hart. But your client sounds like they're marketing Charlize Theron :D

Edited by L00b

Point stands about "homely", though.

It just doesn't convey "cutting edge-stylish minimalist dwellings with designer furniture, rooftop terraces, 55" OLED wall-mounted panels and Interweb-connected ice making fridges stocked full of yellow Cliquot-Ponsardin goodness" ;)

More like "quiet comfy B&B run by a little old dear" (nothing whatsoever against B&Bs and/or little old dears...but I doubt it's your client product and their target market).

Hi Loob

As it goes I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I didn't want to influence anyone one way or another with my OP, and I would still dearly love to hear anyone else's thoughts too.

Many thanks again

I agree with Stefan (L00B); it's a 'naff' name...however is your client getting lots of enquiries? If so, it doesn't really matter :hihi:

I'm working with a client who will be offering serviced high-end apartments for people wanting to stay in Sheffield.

Aimed at visitors and businesses who may have staff needing to stay here from 1 night to weeks or months, the apartments will be uber modern, and will appeal to people/businesses that see themselves as very successful, urban, cosmopolitan, sophisticated in an understated way, cultured, popular, highly social, super busy, health conscious and driven. They like to work hard and play hard

Their favourite brands might be Verve Clicquot, M&S Foodhall, Waitrose, Next, Apple, Audi, Bmw, with an aspiration to own Porsche maybe. They’d probably prefer to live in large modern open plan houses, or converted warehouses/loft living with chic minimalist furniture, and original pieces of art work that they’d see as a statement about themselves. They would be tech savvy and want to own all the latest must have gadgets.

Appearances matter to these people it’s as much about being seen to be successful and to be ‘living the dream’ as actually doing so. They spend a lot of money on personal grooming, both sexes. They’re probably right-wing leaning and natural Conservative voters.

Given all of the above I would really really appreciate anyone's views on the proposed name which is Homely Apartments.

Thanks so much for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon.

:huh:

Sounds to me like 'Delusions of Grandeur' would be a far more apt name... :roll:

Thanks for the replies so far. Is there anybody who likes the name and thinks it would appeal to the target audience, and/or feels it conjures up an image of smart, modern city centre apartments.

Thanks all

Sounds to me like 'Delusions of Grandeur' would be a far more apt name... :roll:

It's not bragging if you can back it up :twisted:

Hi

The name doesn't fit the target audience. I think of a retirement apartment as being more suited with that name. A more age 23-45yrs group name would be more suitable. Something urban and catchy.

I agree with Loobs comments. I'm I like the good things in life, pretty much as your target market but I prefer the country rather than city life. I'm fifty years old and I cringed at the name you suggested ie homely...whatever, it sounds old fashioned to me. I would also think many of your target market will still be aspiring to the luxury lifestyle so not quite 'home' from home for them.

Edit - is this a new building? If not, can the original building use / name be of any help with forming a new name? Is it in the city centre? Is it meant to be for people working or leisure stays too?

Edited by Chez2

Hi

The name doesn't fit the target audience. I think of a retirement apartment as being more suited with that name. A more age 23-45yrs group name would be more suitable. Something urban and catchy.

Hmmm...

... how about 'Graffiti Squats'? ;)