Red light zone in Sheffield?

No I think from I've read and heard about; the words 'decent' and 'pimp' are never used in the same sentence.

People should be in control of their own bodies and who has sex with them. Not some controlling scummy parasite who lives of others.

The pimps are the lowest of the low, the only method they use to control these girls is one of violence.

The pimps are the lowest of the low, the only method they use to control these girls is one of violence.

That's what I've heard. I hope 'runnungman' was being tongue in cheek when he made his comment....

Pimping should be legal. All workers should have the right to decent management.

should be illegal

No I think from I've read and heard about; the words 'decent' and 'pimp' are never used in the same sentence.

People should be in control of their own bodies and who has sex with them. Not some controlling scummy parasite who lives of others.

Well perhaps they need better training, something that won't happen until pimping is legalised. The answer to poor management isn't making it illegal.

Well perhaps they need better training, something that won't happen until pimping is legalised. The answer to poor management isn't making it illegal.

You mean like firearm training or combat knife skills.

You mean like firearm training or combat knife skills.

You have been watching too many films.

Neither of the pimps I know carry a weapon.

You have been watching too many films.

Neither of the pimps I know carry a weapon.

Yeah you dont really need a knife to knock ten bells out if some poor woman.

You seem to be under the impression that pimping is a legitimate form of management. Either that or you're trolling and being deliberately provocative.

You seem to be under the impression that pimping is a legitimate form of management. Either that or you're trolling and being deliberately provocative.

It isn't a legitimate form of management because it is illegal and underground. This makes it incredibly hard to regulate.

If it were legal and licensed, the girls would get much better representation from their pimps. There is no doubt that there are some violent ones, these would loose their licence. Criminals would be forced out of the profession as legitimate pimps would offer working girls better services and would have the full protection of the law.

Underage girls would be protected as would those with mental health problems.

I understand that when people hear the word pimp, they think of the GTA video game and a stereotype violent man with big jewellery and a cane. This isn't always the case and would not be the case at all if the profession was legalised.

Should prostitutes really be denied the effective management that could help their career, hone their skills and look after their money will they are busy working?

If so, I would like to hear the reason why.

How do you know all these streetwalkers? :love::huh:

Professionally I come in contact with a lot of drug addicts.

It's not a guess, more of a experience based opinion.

Some might not be, those will probably be too old or ugly to get a job in brothels. But still most will do it for drug money.

I also know that higher end prostitutes exist and they don't do it to fuel cheap drug addiction. They use internet and never walk streets.

Pimping should be legal. All workers should have the right to decent management.

That's how it works in countries where prostitution is legal.

They are not called pimps but managers.

They are responsible for many things including security, health checks, building maintenance and so on. Just like managers in any other trade.

I really, really hope something will also be done about getting them cleaned up and off the streets too.

They do need cleaning up, to make them half presentable.

I walked from kelham island to west street the other week at night, a working girl asked me for business and I said no carrying on walking I then stopped 30/40 yards up the road to tie my shoelace, I noticed the girl walking back towards me but it didn't really ring alarm bells as she seemed to take my original no thanks pretty well, she then asked me for a lighter, on giving her my lighter (an expensive zippo that was a birthday present) she started shouting that it was her lighter and I'd nicked it, I grabbed it back out of her hand as she was starting to walk off looking like she was about to run, she then turned around and bought her knee inbetween my legs (very painful) and then started hitting me over the head with fists, I had no choice but to push her to the ground as I was in danger of being seriously hurt... I feel really bad about pushing her to the ground but my safety comes first. These are really desperate girls willing to do almost anything for a few quid