Ellesmere and Burngreave schools

I went to these two schools in the early seventies.I know Loads of people must have gone but I never read much about these schools.

I went to ellesmere & burngreave school back in the 70's I left Burngreave in about 1977

Early 80s for me, and Ellesmere only very briefly after we moved back to Sheffield, then I went up to Burngreave. My mum worked in the kitchens and we lived just across the road. My mum and my uncle also went to Burngreave when it was a "big" school.

Ellesmere's a housing estate and Burngreave is so good they renamed it Byron Wood!

I went to ellesmere & burngreave school back in the 70's I left Burngreave in about 1977

Nice one we Must Know some of the same people.Do you remember

Mr Kettlewell, Mr Baker, Mrs Leake Miss Chapman and Miss King and do you remember the massive Gas Explosion(check out Burngreave Messenger ''The view from Byron Wood school'') Thank you for your responce

i was at ellesmere for a short while when we just moved in to the area

went upto burngreave , then over to earl marshal in 82

i do remember mrs leake (piano )

and mr baker head master

also mr patterson

miss dale

miss fitton

miss wrangley ?? thats when teachers were teachers and we had respect for them

ooooooooo they are rolling off now :hihi:funny how things stick in your mind

sharon

Yep, I remember Mr Baker, Mr Pattison, Mrs Fitton, Miss Rangeley and Mrs Leake. Mr McKay, Mrs Clements, Mr Galbraith, Mrs Bradbury and I stood under the clock with my hands on my head a couple of times ;)

Went to All saints infants and juniors, then Burngreave,1966. remember some of the teachers there,like, Mr Edlington, Eggy ( head ) Mr Guest science and PE. Mr Middlemass Tech Drawing, use to clonk you on the back of the head with a giant set square if you messed. Mr Whitham, French teacher, large white slipper fetish merchant for the botty. Mr Richards, Welsh guy taught English and tried to introduce rugby to the school.Girls were segregated from the boys in those days, but a little fondle in Burngreave cemetry at lunch times did not go amiss, with live girls I hasten to add. Trying to pee over the split outside toilet blocks onto the girls who would congregate at break times, giggling about whatever. Usually trying to get the projectory spot on could mean you drenched yourself or a mate. Should have paid more attention to the trigonometry lessons. Mr Hardwick was the metal work teacher and Mr Needham, Neddy Bubble ( short, bad breath ) the woodwork teacher.

Use to troop down the jennel to the main gates of the cemetry to catch the special bus to Longley park playing field for footy or athletics. I chucked the discus for the school at one point.Didnt win anything just chucked it. If you go on friends reunited and put Burngreave school in there is a photo I posted of Mr Richards class, see if you can recognise anyone.its from around 1968 time.

I too went to all saints infants and junior school then on to Burngreave boys

I am called Steve Walmsley can you remember me . I was brought up on Edgar street with my brother David.I had a so called mate calledTerry -Edwards (Eddy) who was a bully at school ,he went on to be a petty criminal.

I remember the teachers names vividly and the good & bad times i had

Early 80s for me, and Ellesmere only very briefly after we moved back to Sheffield, then I went up to Burngreave. My mum worked in the kitchens and we lived just across the road. My mum and my uncle also went to Burngreave when it was a "big" school.

Ellesmere's a housing estate and Burngreave is so good they renamed it Byron Wood!

went to ellesmere then burngreave between 1981 - 1985, what years did you go?

I too went to all saints infants and junior school then on to Burngreave boys

I am called Steve Walmsley can you remember me . I was brought up on Edgar street with my brother David.I had a so called mate calledTerry -Edwards (Eddy) who was a bully at school ,he went on to be a petty criminal.

I remember the teachers names vividly and the good & bad times i had

Hi there went to Burngreave arond 1972 -1975 i don't remeber you or terry edwards what ere r u talking about

hi, i didnt say i attended Burngreave Boys between 1972-1975.

I started there about 1963 or 1964.Other guys in my year were Mick Barker,Geoff Cryer, The Stephenson Brothers ,Jimmy Gant,Mick Liversage,

Les Guest,Steve Clarke,Stephen Fletcher,Lou Morris Bill Mayres,Stephen Cerone,and many,many more.

Pressy (shaun).Being a new member the system wont allow me to reply to messages until i have more than 5 threads.Anyhow, we lived at No 17 edgar street,My parents June&Charlie ,my brother David, and me Stephen.We lived there from about 1955-until the houses were demolished.My mother used to work at the corner shop at the junction of Edgar street and Harleston street-

Mortons it was called.I used to work there after school working in the cellar and filling the shelves when they were empty.