Domestic electric rentals der

Hi did anyone work at DOMESTIC ELECTRIC RENTALS or DER as it was called I worked at Broad Lane then after thet Chapel Walk my name then was Williams

Hi, I worked at DER in the head office accounts dept which was above Richards ladies wear on the corner of High St and chapel Walk from about 1965-1966.

Hi I worked there while about june 1965 were you there then

I remember DER having a couple of outlets on the moor, one halfway up somewhere near BHS, and I seem to recall the other was on the corner where the Heart Foundation Charity shop is now. They had another store, which is now the mobile phone shop outside the Castle Market near the bus stops.

(did DER and Radio Rentals merge, or does my memory deceive me? I know Rumbelows had a big merge of their outlets under various names.)

Hi I think they did have shops on the moor I worked in the offices Broad Lane and Fargate they were owned by Thorne electrical :)

I knew Sylvia Harvey who worked there in the sixties.

I remember DER having a couple of outlets on the moor, one halfway up somewhere near BHS, and I seem to recall the other was on the corner where the Heart Foundation Charity shop is now. They had another store, which is now the mobile phone shop outside the Castle Market near the bus stops.

(did DER and Radio Rentals merge, or does my memory deceive me? I know Rumbelows had a big merge of their outlets under various names.)

I seem to remember there was a DER a couple of doors from Dunbar Cooke at Highfields in the 1970s.

Hi did anyone work at DOMESTIC ELECTRIC RENTALS or DER as it was called I worked at Broad Lane then after thet Chapel Walk my name then was Williams

Not Williams Electrical at Woodseats ?.

I seem to remember there was a DER a couple of doors from Dunbar Cooke at Highfields in the 1970s.

was there? :wow: I remember Dunbar Cooke's fishmongers and Game suppliers very very well (as you know I grew up on Mount Pleasant road) but I can't remember there being a DER.

(I do remember Wigfalls having a shop further back toward town, near the Crown and the Barrel pubs)

was there? :wow: I remember Dunbar Cooke's fishmongers and Game suppliers very very well (as you know I grew up on Mount Pleasant road) but I can't remember there being a DER.

(I do remember Wigfalls having a shop further back toward town, near the Crown and the Barrel pubs)

We sometimes played in the back yard there as kids PT, there was broken tv's often left behind the shop. It was one of the shops here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sharrow+lane,+Sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.367397,-1.475575&spn=0,0.002401&sll=53.445407,-1.504468&sspn=0.061241,0.153637&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.367397,-1.475575&panoid=MW4dBupiWjh7esbSRyEFnQ&cbp=12,64.02,,0,1.38

I was pretty sure it was DER but possibly radio rentals. I remember Wigfalls on the corner of London road Hill street.

We sometimes played in the back yard there as kids PT, there was broken tv's often left behind the shop. It was one of the shops here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sharrow+lane,+Sheffield&hl=en&ll=53.367397,-1.475575&spn=0,0.002401&sll=53.445407,-1.504468&sspn=0.061241,0.153637&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.367397,-1.475575&panoid=MW4dBupiWjh7esbSRyEFnQ&cbp=12,64.02,,0,1.38

I was pretty sure it was DER but possibly radio rentals. I remember Wigfalls on the corner of London road Hill street.

Dunbar Cooke's was either the premises called Sakara, or the General Store, (now Zaid's)

I think Zaid's was the grocers shop, where "aunty" Gloria Needes worked, and Dc's was Sakura.

I'm wondering if Der/RR was the shop which is now Airy Fairy?