Monteney School ex pupils

Did any one go to monteney school..i left in 1989 who can u remember?????

In May 1966 I played in a football match at Monteney. It was the final of the Ecclesfield and District Junior School's Knock-out. We (Tommy More's) played aginst Mansell "A", the same week as Wednesday played at Wembley, and like Wednesday, we lost 3-2. I scored the first goal. I still have the team foto, and plan to put in the Saturday night Star (nostalgia section) next year.

I WENT TO THAT SCHOOL TOO.. BEFOR THE NEW HOUSE CAME ONTO THE JUNIOR SCHOOL..

IM NOW TRYIN TO GET MY DAUGHTER IN THAT SCOOL WEN WE MOVE CLOSER AS ALL MY 2 SISTERS AND BROTHER WENT,,

I REMBER HAVEING

MISS SUTTON TWICE

MR MAHONEY WHO LEFT THE YEAR I DID

MR JENKINS

LOVE THAT SCHOOL ME.. CARNT REMBER WEN I LEFT THINK IT WAS IN 1989 NOT TOO SURE LOL

I went to monteney school left in 90 I think, wasnt a bad school back then, cant imagine it is now. I remember Mr jenkins alright he had it in for me dont know why I was never a bad kid! Mr Knowles was the head at the time remember we used to take the mickey out of him for the way he used to tilt his head and rub his hands all the time! Used to love the christmas parties ahh those were the days!

yes alex mr knowles i rember the head tilt and hand too lol..

i rember kids in school use to take the micky out of him..

I TAUGHT AT MONTENEY FROM AROUND 1984 -1989.TEACHERS INCLUDED ETHEL LAKIN,JOHN KEYWORTH,

Mike Mahoney

i went to monteny around 72 or 73 dont really remember any of the teachers but ido remember the headmaster mr white what a evil person he was:o

Back in the late 50's early 60's. My grandfather had a coach company and the former head teacher there Miss Handley, took part of the school to Flamborough and I went also. There must have been between 40 to 50 kids and they were all sat cross legged in a picket fence that surrounded her caravan. It's suprising how something can trigger the memory.

Does anyone remember going there?

Used to go there as a child, left there in 86', yes, mr jenkins what a guy, used to spend most of my time under the clock for sliding down the bannister or running, didn't he always just happen to be there, my kids go there now, not the same!!!! My dad went to that school in 1956, got his own stories to tell, check out my ad at the beginning of the bulletin board, you may have knew him............ah the good old days!!

I liked mr jenkins and still see him from time to time as he freinds of my family.Some people use to be scared of him dont know why tho.

But even tho he left the teaching part i know he a govrnor of moteney,And he does a cracking job still on the radio when he reports the live sheffield united football match after all these years of doing it.

aaaaaaahhhh Mr Keyworth my favourite anyone know where he is, i know he went to australia years ago..