Does anyone know about the Arthur Davies/Paul Fisher shooting?

I was hoping to find out more about the story behind a case from the 80's, where Paul Fisher shot Arthur Davies. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Thanks :-) I'd seen the info in there and was hoping to find out a bit more if anyone knows anything ....

Thanks again.

Hiya I cant seam to access the link and cant find any information on paul fisher any information will help please.

Hiya I cant seam to access the link and cant find any information on paul fisher any information will help please.

I knew Paul Fisher.I knew his partner in crime,Barry Walker better though.Barry told me about the incident once.He said they were hire

d to 'put the frightners'on Arthur in order to get some money back that Arthur owed a 'third party.They were given an old gun that Barry said,looked like it was from world war 1 and he honestyly didn't think it would work,with it being so old.Anyway,they saw Arthur in his car,waved the gun at him through the window,thinking that,that would do the trick,but old Arthur made a grab for the the gun and it went off in the struggle said,Barry said it scared them more than it did Arthur..That was what Barry told me.As for Fisher,word has it he turned supergrass for a lesser sentence and when he got out he left Sheffield.I havn't seen him since and Barry died a few years ago.

Thanks im trying to find more information on Paul as he was a relative. Do you know any more information on any of his family memebers or what his name changed to after he left prison? Also do you know the data of crime or anything as i want to try and locate the story of what happened as i only know bit as im from wales and only heard sroty from others. Thanks

Brilliant I am Paul's Fisher Grand daughter, Could you send me a email letting me some information on what happened I would love to no more. I was wondering also if you know of any of Pauls family members that are still alive or have passed I just want to know a bit more about my family and the crime that took place as I can seam to track anything about it online.

Brilliant I am Paul's Fisher Grand daughter, Could you send me a email letting me some information on what happened I would love to no more. I was wondering also if you know of any of Pauls family members that are still alive or have passed I just want to know a bit more about my family and the crime that took place as I can seam to track anything about it online.

I have an email address however not sure how to do emails,however I am more than happy for you to message me on face book, and gladly let u no anything I can, my name is ben Davies, and I'm sure u can find me on Facebook using my email which is bennylove21@hotmail.com. Hope this helps

Edited by nikki-red
Quote tags

Basically Katy 1993 your Grandfather shot Bendavies's Grandfather.

Fisher decided to give Queens evidence after he was sentenced and he didn't get a day knocked off because the Judge said he should have done it BEFORE sentencing.

Colin Widdowson also received 8 years due to fisher turning informer.

They sound like a lovely bunch of people....

I went to school with Paul and for a time we were friends. We were different and I remember talking him out of more than one fight.

After he was apparently out of prison i remember, during a visit back to Sheffield, quite surprisingly seeing him in a shell suit walking near the Blackstock.

Thats the last I saw or heard of him