Music Thread (with videos)

On this day in 1326, Walter de Stapledon, Bishop of Exeter and founder of Exeter College, Oxford, had his head chopped off by supporters of Queen Isabella. No contemporary recordings exist, but, as he was known to have had a sweet tooth, I proffer

Guest sibon

System of a Down. Can't get enough of the back-catalogue, normally I get bored with bands after a few years. There are a number of exceptions, Metallica, Deftones, Placebo and Therapy? in particular. But for some reason I had never explored the SOAD stuff extensively. I knew I liked Chop Suey but not a lot else. The more I listen to it, the better it becomes, here is one of those tracks that really have me going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?z=UVaPFtVx8PA&index=17&list=RDSqZNMvIEHhs

happiness personified

. .....................

---------- Post added 23-10-2016 at 23:38 ----------

. (This version does sound a bit like one song to the tune of another).

I recently bought a Leonard Cohen album at a car boot sale! haven't really taken mutch notice of Leonard Cohen or his music but pleasantly supprised, and to find one of the tracks "Dance me to the end of love" had been coupled with the Tango scene from the Al Pacino film, Scent Of A Woman added to the pleasure.

Al Pacino plays retired Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade a blind cantankerous alcoholic, in this scene he dances the Tango with Donna (Gabriella Anwar)

https://youtu.be/IEVow6kr5nI

I recently bought a Leonard Cohen album at a car boot sale! haven't really taken mutch notice of Leonard Cohen or his music but pleasantly supprised, and to find one of the tracks "Dance me to the end of love" had been coupled with the Tango scene from the Al Pacino film, Scent Of A Woman added to the pleasure.

Al Pacino plays retired Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade a blind cantankerous alcoholic, in this scene he dances the Tango with Donna (Gabriella Anwar)

https://youtu.be/IEVow6kr5nI

Probably my favourite Cohen track. (That violin! And Cohen's vocal duet with Jennifer Warnes.) Seemingly, a love song, but springing from the Nazi death camps.

Guest sibon

We really should have a bit of

and
, shouldn't we.