The Bottom Welly, Shalesmoor

Wow. It's unreal to thick that some guys go around with a beard that smells (and tastes?) better than many locally produced real ales! I'm definitely tempted to try some myself next time I get dragged on a Wetherspoons pub crawl. 'Only British hops' indeed...

From the photos I`ve seen , Bottom Welly should be nice enough and not too Artisan! Didn`t Ship get nominated for a design award by Sheff CAMRA!?!?!?

I`ll leave Welly til next week when it settles a bit but I `ll be at festival by 6. Pretty sure my beard isn`t hip or artisan.

Seven casks, four of which are Neepsend beers. Also four keg beers including Siren Proteus for opening day. It's not massively changed but it's been nicely spruced up and the bar looks totally different. Not tried the toilets yet!!

Didn't recognise it when I walked in - it's full of people!

Looks good though, much expanded range of spirits and with 12 keg taps should provide a flow of interesting beers...

Seven casks, four of which are Neepsend beers. Also four keg beers including Siren Proteus for opening day. It's not massively changed but it's been nicely spruced up and the bar looks totally different. Not tried the toilets yet!!

Cheers. I'll give it a try on Saturday. And will avoid trying the Neepsend and Siren at the beer festival tonight so as not to duplicate.

Didn't recognise it when I walked in - it's full of people!

Looks good though, much expanded range of spirits and with 12 keg taps should provide a flow of interesting beers...

Excellent! Any of the RAT old guard present (pirate impressions, etc)?

Quiz on Tuesday's. Methinks that's a deliberate ploy to steal Hillsborough Hotel punters.

Is it open every day, normal pub hours?

Is it open every day, normal pub hours?

Monday to Thursday 3pm - 11pm

Friday and Saturday 12 - 12

Sunday 12-11

Well, my first visit was on Saturday and I found myself sharing the lounge with a lot of Morris dancers! That apart, the Neepsend beers are good.

It was very busy 9ish on Saturday but thinned out later. Lots of people using it as a stop off before heading elsewhere.