Peter Stringfellow and Sheffield

Oops,sorry. I believe that David Cocker lived around there, rode a Matchless motorbike

Yes, there was family called Cocker that lived near there, perhaps Jamaica Street. Was one of the brothers called Melvin ?

Yes, there was family called Cocker that lived near there, perhaps Jamaica Street. Was one of the brothers called Melvin ?

Don't know but Daves on here he was a short guy as I remember.I'm 4th from right, middle row

All Saints Juniors 1954.

Some names on the back....Jack Pidd. David Morris. John Entwistle.? Robert Merrill. Rodney Austen. David Sowter. David Cocker. Colin Clover. J Gilbert. Peter Dawson. Graham Eshelby. Angela Hawksworth. ?. Valerie Hobson. plus others..

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/beezerboy/summer--2010/summer--2010044.jpg

Edited by beezerboy

Don't know but Daves on here he was a short guy as I remember.I'm 4th from right, middle row

All Saints Juniors 1954.

Some names on the back....Jack Pidd. David Morris. John Entwistle.? Robert Merrill. Rodney Austen. David Sowter. David Cocker. Colin Clover. J Gilbert. Peter Dawson. Graham Eshelby. Angela Hawksworth. ?. Valerie Hobson. plus others..

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...3/IMG_0027.jpg

Can't access 'photobucket' from my computer, I was at All Saint's infants and juniors until 1958. Did Jack Pidd live on Lyons Street near Earsham Street ? but Dave Sowter lived in Carwood Terrace.

All Saints Juniors 1954.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...3/IMG_0027.jpg

Can't access the link, but was Dave Cocker a plater and a foreman at JH Crossley& Sons Fabrications late 60's/ early 70's ?

Don't remember David but Melvin had a younger brother called Michael.

Can't access the link, but was Dave Cocker a plater and a foreman at JH Crossley& Sons Fabrications late 60's/ early 70's ?

That sounds familiar.Not having any luck getting that picture up.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 01:14 ----------

Can't access 'photobucket' from my computer, I was at All Saint's infants and juniors until 1958. Did Jack Pidd live on Lyons Street near Earsham Street ? but Dave Sowter lived in Carwood Terrace.

Correct on both accounts, I,m the latter.

Edited by beezerboy

That sounds familiar.Not having any look getting that picture up.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 01:14 ----------

Correct on both accounts, I,m the latter.

Hello Mr. D. Then you perhaps knew Barry Fitter. Reggie Justice and Dave Simmonite with Malc Shepherd and Ken Box ?

Edited by stpetre
Spell

Hello Mr. D. Then you perhaps knew Barry Fitter. Reggie Justice and Dave Simmonite with Malc Shepherd and Ken Box ?

All of them,what about Terry Thompson?

All of them,what about Terry Thompson?

Forgot about T.T. What about Trevor Morton or was he a little older ?

Forgot about T.T. What about Trevor Morton or was he a little older ?

yes he was ,have sent PM. Tried to resend the photo from previous post, 1954 All Saints

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/beezerboy/summer--2010/summer--2010044.jpg

Edited by beezerboy

Got one on Amazon a while back. Great read.

One venue not mentioned is the High STreet underground bar STringfellow ran around 1968/9 before the penthouse. I read this somewhere else that he briefly ran an underground bar on the High Street which apparently was a shoe shop on the ground floor. Now there were and have been a lot of shoe shops on High Street over the years so which one of these might have had an underground bar, apparently a large basement room which was big friday and Saturday night northern soul/disco event in 1968/9? Anyone know of a basement bar on the High street at this time which was a shoe shop upstairs? I believe it was apparently near the Old Bluebell but was this the Bluebell in 1968?

Down Broadway it's now a vintage clothes shop

Yes the club was called Down Broadway The Old Blue Bell mentioned is now Cavells the shoe shop was in the corner think it could be a recruitment agency now don't go to that end of town very often. Not 100% but think the shoe shop could have been Stylo.

Great times remember seeing Billy Stewart there he was brilliant.