Bradfield School

Hi Tracey.

As you were there between 75 and 79, I reckon that you'll remember many of these pupils then?:-

Tim Paisley, Neil Johnson, Russell Turner, Mick Glenn, Paul Finney, Mark Elsdon, Warwick Ibbotson, Andrew Cooper, Mick Wall, Paul Browning, Mark Hartley, Kerry Walker, Andrew Hague, Kieran O'Brien, Dean Rogers, Mark Ledger, Paul Bembrick, Mark Rhodes, Philip Dyson, Nigel Raven, Jonathan Coulter, Mark Simpson.

And the girls?:- Christine Miesczkak, Gail Piper, Michelle Holmes, Elaine Goddard, Anne Stenton, Karen Senior, Jill Froggatt, Caroline Parker, Prudence Cahill, Ruth Simms, Lisa Casson, Penny Loftus, Alex Hickerman (RIP), Anne Benton, Sonia Brown, Caroline England, Tracy Sutton, Helen Parker, Juanita Porrill, Julie Dabbs.

I wonder what they're all doing now?

I knew that Sonia Brown had died in a car crash, but what happened to Alex Hickerman?

Hi Tracey.

As you were there between 75 and 79, I reckon that you'll remember many of these pupils then?:-

Tim Paisley, Neil Johnson, Russell Turner, Mick Glenn, Paul Finney, Mark Elsdon, Warwick Ibbotson, Andrew Cooper, Mick Wall, Paul Browning, Mark Hartley, Kerry Walker, Andrew Hague, Kieran O'Brien, Dean Rogers, Mark Ledger, Paul Bembrick, Mark Rhodes, Philip Dyson, Nigel Raven, Jonathan Coulter, Mark Simpson.

And the girls?:- Christine Miesczkak, Gail Piper, Michelle Holmes, Elaine Goddard, Anne Stenton, Karen Senior, Jill Froggatt, Caroline Parker, Prudence Cahill, Ruth Simms, Lisa Casson, Penny Loftus, Alex Hickerman (RIP), Anne Benton, Sonia Brown, Caroline England, Tracy Sutton, Helen Parker, Juanita Porrill, Julie Dabbs.

I wonder what they're all doing now?

I didn't go to Bradfield school but lived in Worrall so knew several of the above. I think I also knew Traceymoo (Tracey Owen) if you're the Tracey that had horses? If it was you I used to go to shows at your farm above Ewden, with my best friend Vickie Morton. Happy happy days

WOW! only just found this forum. All those names came flooding back to me.

I was there 75 to 79 along with most of those guys. You probably remember me Ian Watson or as "watto" as I was referred to back then in those days. I used to knock around with Nigel Raven, Rob Mayson, Dean horsefield, Julie Hague, Sarah herring, Chalky white, Christine Vickers, Catherine Foster, paula yates, Tim parker to name a few. I went on to Hatfield Poly (now university of Essex) to study Mechanical Engineering. I am now working for a Anglo Chinese joint venture putting optical fibre cables across the oceans for the internet backbone. I spend a lot of my time in China so have lost touch with everyone. All those memories just cam flooding back about Mr Warby and Bancroft. Do you remember Miss Armer (history) Mr Bertam (English), Mr Fiddler ( Music), Mr Rossinger/ Oh so many memory of food fights in the canteen and filling the hollow table legs with salt, electrocuting Mr Allan while rigging the lighting for school plays. Happy days! Can't say I missed cross country during sports though out on the hills.

Hi Jill remember going on a trip cant remember if it was 5 countries or Germany i did both.

I left in 1984 remember all the teachers mentioned plus Chris Mason (still in touch) Mr Wardle, Mr Homes, Mr Cowley (worked for his best mate a few years ago) Miss Myers and loads more.

Hi new to all this - I was at Bradfield secondary school 75 to 81 some more names from the Loxley Massive the Davids, Raw Cabourn Kreuger Steve Anderson Paul Mac Cleanan ( not sure how too spell it )

---------- Post added 17-10-2016 at 11:38 ----------

Other names Dean Horsefield, Julie Woodhead, Mark Harper

---------- Post added 17-10-2016 at 11:40 ----------

Does anyone remember when the army visited and shot smoke bombs from Scorpion tanks zoomin around the school

---------- Post added 17-10-2016 at 11:42 ----------

Another one - What about "The Lager of Lamot" all those cans that were thrown away at the tip on Long Lane. At one point the suspended ceiling in the boys toilet collapsed because of how many cans had been stashed.

Hi guys - i (Stephen Anderson )too went to Bradfield Ian remember the Wapentake? Tracy did you go to Loxley Primary There was a teacher there called (i think) Mrs Brentnall who used to give us mental arithmetic tests on a Friday morning and question 10 she would say is for Stephen & Tracy..... bullying or what. I was sure Tweek retired before i went into the 6th form used to see him take his empties to the offie when i was delivering papers. My Mum and Dad live next door but one to Mrs Cahill she was very frail last time i saw her.

---------- Post added 17-10-2016 at 15:00 ----------

some more names

first the Davids Raw, Ross, Cabourn, Krouger. Paula Austin ( now wood ) in NZ Julie Dabbs ( I really had a crush on her ). i have only posted 3 times so far so cant send a "private" message but if anyone drops me an email i would love to get in touch - its an age thing i guess :-)

I attended Bradfield Secondary Modern from 1959 to 1964. I remember most of the teachers mentioned.

Mr Body taught geography.

Mr Luff Maths

Mr Bagshaw geography

Mrs Bagshaw English

Mr Andrews (Holy Joe) taught Religious Knowledge.

It had only been open a two years when I went. We were told it was built for m250 children but around 500 were attending when I was there. I also remember the SUT coaches from Stannington. I still have a 1A class photo from 1959/60. Mr Luff was the form teacher.

hi.

anyone in Mr Wardles class in 1979 and remember yogi (MR Bankcroft).

---------- Post added 30-08-2018 at 07:45 ----------

1976 to 1981 I was in mr wardles class had slipper and cane off mrs Gledhill cane off mr fiddler (music) still the best years of my life.

Anyone on here that went to Bradfield School in the early 60s. Please get in touch, love to share memories.

Is this site now dead?  There's very little posted, the last one being Delphene, the first for two years who I see is banned.

I attended (rather than learnt at) Bradfield school from 1963 to 1969.  I lived in Worrall till 1966 but continued at Bradfield school - which was maybe a mistake.

If there are responses I will state my memories.

Edited by bobvic96
correcting the English

I went to Bradfield School, 1959 to 1963, and I lived in Worrall, Haggstones Road.  Also went to Worrall infant & Primary Schools, did you?

On 10/04/2004 at 21:08, silverknight said:

Hi I went to Bradfield School..... some teachers names which come to mind... Mr Wilson,Mr Rogers (both science), Ms Holt? Mr luft/Mr Issac?(maths) , Mr Best (history), Mr Bancroft (RE),Mr Wordsworth(PE), Mr Ellis/ Mr Smith/Mr Frost( Wood/Metal work/ TD), Mr Bertram (English)...

if anymore come to mind I'll put them on this site

Remember them all. Miss Holt (biology) was great. There was also a husband and wife - she taught English and he maths. 

On 21/01/2022 at 16:09, Newark Pam said:

I went to Bradfield School, 1959 to 1963, and I lived in Worrall, Haggstones Road.  Also went to Worrall infant & Primary Schools, did you?

I went there from 1960 also went to Worrall school. Lived Mowson Lane.