Price of a pint

Going forward I think the first time I paid £1 a pint was 1985, £2 a pint @ 2001 and £3 2012-pub prices.So I'm guessing £4 will happen in @2017....unless you drink in Brewdog...

Just found some of my late mum and dads bar receipts from 1972. Not sure which bar!.

3 pints, 54p

Brandy 26p

Barley

wine 16p

Total 96p.

1 Pint 18p

2 milk

stout 30p

shandy 11p

Total 59p

They were the days. I bought a freehouse in 1989 and can clearly remember the customers going spare the year after when I had to put the price of stones up to £1.

I started 'going out' in February 1986, The York Hotel in Broomhill on a Friday and Saturday night. Being under age, we got kicked out and made our way to The West End (recently re-named The Doctor's Orders [enough to give me a panic attack!]).

I recall paying around 76p for a pint of bitter in the West End. That same Christmas, we all went to the student union bar where beer was about 10p a pint cheaper. Oh, and you could still get Tetley Mild in the West End for a penny cheaper than ordinary bitter.

From 1987 to 1998 my local was The Rising Sun in Nethergreen when it was a decent John Smith's pub. The price of a pint of bitter went up to a £1 in the spring of 1989. Since then I've pretty much ignored what it costs for a pint. Yes, it's way more expensive than drinking at home, but I've grown up with the social aspect of drinking in pubs and won't change my habits now.

I started 'going out' in February 1986, The York Hotel in Broomhill on a Friday and Saturday night. Being under age, we got kicked out and made our way to The West End (recently re-named The Doctor's Orders [enough to give me a panic attack!]).

I recall paying around 76p for a pint of bitter in the West End. That same Christmas, we all went to the student union bar where beer was about 10p a pint cheaper. Oh, and you could still get Tetley Mild in the West End for a penny cheaper than ordinary bitter.

From 1987 to 1998 my local was The Rising Sun in Nethergreen when it was a decent John Smith's pub. The price of a pint of bitter went up to a £1 in the spring of 1989. Since then I've pretty much ignored what it costs for a pint. Yes, it's way more expensive than drinking at home, but I've grown up with the social aspect of drinking in pubs and won't change my habits now.

hiya i remember when the jordanthorpe opend its doors first timexxxxxxx the landlady at the time greeted us with" what will it be lads tetleys or a pint of stones" straight away the four of us said " a pint of stones then she put four pints of gravel on the bar, then said " that will be seven and four pence gents who is paying" ha ha.

Edited by willybite

what ever it cost it was worth every penny, that golden pint of pure silk sliding down your throat no ther beer could touch it's smooth creamy taste x

Can anyone remember the price of a pint of Stones beer in a working mans club in 1967 and 1974 ?
Back in 67 a pint would cost from one and a tanner to around two bob a pint. I left in 1968 and didn't return for a visit till 1978, and can't rermember the cost then.