Where was Bright Street?

Hi Evo1956 and Norty1973. My dad Fred Hunt was born at 344 Bright Side. His mum and dad had the Pheasant Pub from 1932 - 1942 and then his sister Alice ran the Excelsior in 1951. From what I have so far, his parents had a butchers shop before the Pheasant and lived most of their lives on Carbrook street. Does anyone's relations remember my dad - he had polio and walked with a bad limp?

I you put the Sheffield Arena postcode in a sat nav S9 2DF it returns as Bright Street.

hi bright street was demolished about 43 years ago it was behind the carbrook hall pub across from what is now meadowhall retail park, dunlop street is still there and bright street was between it and the mentioned pub. try the town library for maps before about 1966. regards bob

this is true my auntie lived on bright street ,she lived on there for a very long time ,she left when they pulled the houses down .then she went to live on rippon street of staniforth road her name was mary adshead she had 2 sons ernest and martin

Hi all, after finding this thread I thought I post for all to read.

My dad lived on bright street at 166 his surname is Hallam, He lived there with his 2 brothers. The Kemps are his cousins, There mothers name was Florence Kemp. Her maiden name was Hallam. AT the crossroads of bright street / carbrook road there was a coop and a greengrocers. One end of bright street finished at a row of houses on janson street and run parallel with attercliffe common all the way down to weedon street, but he cant remember if bright street went down to vulcan road. Where the wentworth pub is there were three houses and then the steel works run all the way down to carbrook road.

My mother's name was lilly Halam, her sister was Flo Kemp, her brother was Albert Halam. How does this fit in with your family?

My mum's family were the Robinsons, they lived at 63 Bright Street.My grandparents moved out in the 50's I think. Mum and 1 of her sisters are still alive. Mum is 93!

I was born at 118 bright street carbrook in 1957 am sure my grandads mum lived at 380 bright st which was the other side of the steel works , There name was Wells, can remember the fitz pub on milford street there was a doctor flynn ? too, can remember a family called coleman in the same yard. regularly went to surbiton street sunday school mr king and mr Robinson and mrs Bonzer too

Hi , am finding information about my family am just wondering if anyone knew Amos Copley or remembers him living on bright street iam sure it was 343 , any info would be great , he had a son called Thomas Copley , Amos would have been my great great,great great grandad . Any info would be great .

Bright St, Higget Rd and Girton Rd seem to have gone from anyones memory when they speak about Carbrook.

My old friend who I haven,t seen years (Dougy Rose) the plumber lived at the top end of Bright St.and he could see straight into our backyard.

Colin Lowery also lived in bright St