Sheffield Uniteds signing of the season?

With the tremendous season we've had, who would be your signing of the season?

Discuss!

With the tremendous season we've had, who would be your signing of the season?

Discuss!

It's obviously Wilder.

Wilder but for player it's very close but I'd say Moore.

Yes I like Moore... I like O'Connell too, but fleck too :confused:

Surprised at a keeper when your scoring for fun.

Surprised at a keeper when your scoring for fun.

I know, but the common theme since we lost Paddy Kenny has been that we've had poor keepers. In the season the owls went up Simenson has cost us loads of points and even cost us the play off final. Then we had a choice between calamity George or Asda carrier bag hands Howard. We've looked much more solids with Moore in goal and although he probably hasn't been as stand out as the likes of Fleck etc his signing imo made the biggest improvement to the team as a whole.

I know, but the common theme since we lost Paddy Kenny has been that we've had poor keepers. In the season the owls went up Simenson has cost us loads of points and even cost us the play off final. Then we had a choice between calamity George or Asda carrier bag hands Howard. We've looked much more solids with Moore in goal and although he probably hasn't been as stand out as the likes of Fleck etc his signing imo made the biggest improvement to the team as a whole.

Always need a top goalkeeper if your going to be champions... A strong goalkeeper builds the foundations.

We've got some top footballers who'll breeze the championship.

Always need a top goalkeeper if your going to be champions... A strong goalkeeper builds the foundations.

I might screenshot this one, good to see some thinking the Futures Red :hihi::loopy:

We will still need to strengthen in my opinion. But the following imo should be okay in the Championship.

Moore

Freeman

O'Connell

Jake Wright might not be good enough but deserves a chance

Fleck

Coutts

Carruthers

Sharp

So we will need 3/4 good champ level players to compete, a couple of defenders a midfielder and a striker.

Personally think we won't do as well as some Blades think (speaking of play offs etc is very premature) but I also think we will do better than some Owls think. If you pushed me I'd guess between 10th and 18th depending on who and what we sign.

We will still need to strengthen in my opinion. But the following imo should be okay in the Championship.

Moore

Freeman

O'Connell

Jake Wright might not be good enough but deserves a chance

Fleck

Coutts

Carruthers

Sharp

So we will need 3/4 good champ level players to compete, a couple of defenders a midfielder and a striker.

Personally think we won't do as well as some Blades think (speaking of play offs etc is very premature) but I also think we will do better than some Owls think. If you pushed me I'd guess between 10th and 18th depending on who and what we sign.

Yes, agree on everything you've said. I think mid table. I do think Carruthers and Fleck will do very well. And Sharp might surprise a few too. We'll definitely need to strengthen but generally we'll do okay.

Yes, agree on everything you've said. I think mid table. I do think Carruthers and Fleck will do very well. And Sharp might surprise a few too. We'll definitely need to strengthen but generally we'll do okay.

I don't get anyone knocking Sharp, there seems to be the unfounded opinion that he can only do it in League one. Yet the stats say otherwise, he's currently the all time 8th top goal scorer in the championship. Yes he's no spring chicken anymore but reckon he's still got a couple of seasons left in him at Championship level.

I don't get anyone knocking Sharp, there seems to be the unfounded opinion that he can only do it in League one. Yet the stats say otherwise, he's currently the all time 8th top goal scorer in the championship. Yes he's no spring chicken anymore but reckon he's still got a couple of seasons left in him at Championship level.

Yes, I think if he keeps fit anything over 10 goals will be a success for me. He'll be chomping at the bit to do well next season. No reason why he can't.