Parking on someone's driveway

I just found out that if someone parks on your driveway, there is apparently nobody (Police, Council, etc) that you can complain to and even the police can not help you! This even means that if someone parks on your property, even that is a civil offence and not treated as a criminal offence.

http://www.ladbible.com/now/weird-man-ends-up-with-other-persons-car-in-driveway-for-almost-a-week-20170414

Has anyone come across this kind of problem? If so, what have you done?

I am assuming you cannot damage the vehicle that has trespassed on your property, as that could lead to a charge of vandalism against you.

I wouldn't describe where the car is parked in the picture to be a driveway. However, there is something wrong, if the authorities can't help council tax paying residents, remove cars parked on residential land without permission.

I would have thought that particular vehicle is actually obstructing the queens highway and as such is an offence and can be removed by police/council.

I stand to be corrected as we do not know the full story or even if it is true.

In a week he couldn't get a group of people together and bounce it out of his drive and onto the road?

I would have thought that particular vehicle is actually obstructing the queens highway and as such is an offence and can be removed by police/council.

I stand to be corrected as we do not know the full story or even if it is true.

But if it's not on the queens highway, how is it obstructing it?

---------- Post added 15-04-2017 at 12:45 ----------

In a week he couldn't get a group of people together and bounce it out of his drive and onto the road?

Not everyone is as popular as you are and knows a bunch of fit people to do it. What if this person is old and lives alone? Or just has a few other old people as mates?

Edited by tinfoilhat

I wouldn't describe where the car is parked in the picture to be a driveway. However, there is something wrong, if the authorities can't help council tax paying residents, remove cars parked on residential land without permission.

The car & driveway in the photo aren't the ones in the story. It states that its just a stock photo.

Not everyone is as popular as you are and knows a bunch of fit people to do it. What if this person is old and lives alone? Or just has a few other old people as mates?

Tow rope? Or trolley jacks, or post on a local forum and get some helpful people round to lend a hand.

Send the kids out to play cricket or football next to it.

Tow rope? Or trolley jacks, or post on a local forum and get some helpful people round to lend a hand.

If the car was moved to a place where parking isn't allowed (eg the double yellow lines as in the photo), who would be responsible?

If the car was moved to a place where parking isn't allowed (eg the double yellow lines as in the photo), who would be responsible?

The owner I'd presume unless the plod see you do it.

But if it's not on the queens highway, how is it obstructing it?

---------- Post added 15-04-2017 at 12:45 ----------

Believe it or not a footpath is part of the highway and that car seems to be parked over the footpath, it does to me anyway.

The owner I'd presume unless the plod see you do it.

To which the owner would say, "No, I left it over there, in that private driveway. Someone must have taken it without my consent. I therefore wish to report it stolen. Please investigate."