Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor

anyone know what's happening? Seems closed at the minute?

My neighbour said she heard it's going to be a tesco. I have no idea if there's any truth to the rumor, but it's been shut every time I've been past for the last few months.

It went to one of the Enterprise 'Business Development Managers' for a while as a bit of a golden handshake, seems he couldn't even run it for free!

Guest makapaka
It went to one of the Enterprise 'Business Development Managers' for a while as a bit of a golden handshake, seems he couldn't even run it for free!

It only closed a week or two before xmas - I heard there's going to be some work done on it and then its reopening early this year. I was surprised that if this was the case they didn't wait til after xmas though.

Refurb should be starting soon.

It's gonna be more food lead when it re opens.

New managers are living upstairs at the moment.

It can't be any worse than it was !!

Thanks Dan, same pub chain do you know? Such a shame that it's never retained the glory years, wonder if someone should put it out of it's misery and knock it down and either start again or build flats.

Such a desert for good pubs in Lodge Moor, Sportsman bit of a dog walkers pub, Lads ok nut a bit of a walk and not really a local. Ranmoor and Fulwood spoilt with Rising Sun, Bulls Head, Ranmoor and Florentine...I would settle for just one of them!!

Still no sign of any work starting !!!

It needs more than a new bit of lino and a quick whizz round with the Mr Sheen.

It needs ripping out from top to bottom. The kitchen is a disgrace, the main lounge and tap room little better. It needs some good money investing in it.

And then it needs to be run by someone interested in beer, in food and in providing what the regulars (and non-regulars) want.

Sadly, for as long as it is owned by Enterprise, any of this is unlikely to happen.

Funny thing is, it doesn't actually look any different shut to when it was open!!

Agreed mr tunes !!

The fact there were that many light bulbs out & no one ever behind the bar it was difficult to tell when it was ever open.

Agreed mr tunes !!

The fact there were that many light bulbs out & no one ever behind the bar it was difficult to tell when it was ever open.

I wonder if that dead spider is still in the corner of the ceiling in the ladies? Only been there about three years. (This is according to Mrs Ousetunes of course :hihi:)

That was always one of my favourite games.

Strategically placing a random bit of rubbish (usually a crushed fag packet) somewhere in full view and seeing how long it took to be cleaned up.

I had one on the top of the bar in the tap room for months.

I recall a beer towel being left on the decking (literally, on the floor under a table) over 2 years. It didn't look out of place amongst the fag ends and rotting vegetation.