Help...I need to hire a car roof box!

Can't seem to find anywhere in Sheffield that hires out roof boxes.

Need one for a few days - June 1 to June 10 - to fit a Nissan Primera.

Does anyone know where I can hire one from? (Don't want to buy as it's a one-off trip...)

HSS hire shops do them..

TAKE A LOOK HERE

My OH works at the one near Meadowhall..

MAP HERE

Ohh and there is his name...:hihi:

Thanks Sarah, I'll give them a call now! Cheers...Claire

No worries xx :thumbsup:

Just reviving an old thread to see if anyone knows of anywhere that currently does this?

Thanks

Just reviving an old thread to see if anyone knows of anywhere that currently does this?

Thanks

I know it's not quite what you were asking, but I bought a roof bag whilst looking for a roof box....good, cheap, and much easier to store.

I know it's not quite what you were asking, but I bought a roof bag whilst looking for a roof box....good, cheap, and much easier to store.

Sounds interesting! Do you have any details?

Put 'roof bag' into an Amazon search and you'll get plenty to choose from. Essentially it's a waterproof canvas bag which sits on the car roof between roof bars and you can stuff it full of family holiday stuff :) We used ours for camping holidays and when it wasn't in use it got folded up and chucked in the loft. Simples, easy to fit and use and felt secure on the car roof.

I can't remember what brand I bought but I guess they're much the same.

Me and a friend bought one, called handy rack or something. Straps go around the roof through the door. Brilliant. Took us and all or gear to Newquay three years running till we stopped going Brilliant things, much cheaper than boxes. Dont leave marks or anything.

Thanks guys. Found a few on the net. They look good and about £200 cheaper than a box!