Steering Group Meeting 12/04/17

It's an absolute travesty that Chansiri won't allow Wednesday to wear their traditional blue and white stripes. What has the man got against our Identity? The blue Arsenal kit of the sixties was roundly mocked at the time and, from what I can gather from social media, the return to the traditional kit was greeted with roars of approval. When Southampton (Southampton!) attempted to change their kit to fulll red using the same stealth tactics of a season in pin stripes the fans revolted and insisted the club revert to stripes. I can't even imagine how Newcastle would react to the desecration of their kit. But how do Wednesday fans react. They just roll over and allow their master to do as he pleases because we dont want to scare him off do we. Best just to let him carry on making a mockery of the club. Crest designed by a twelve year old(Replacing what was one of the most recognisable and well designed brand logos in English football). Ipswich/Oldham home kit because they look so much better than Wednesday don't they. The whole sorry episode puts this proud club in an extremely poor light in my opinion.

I think it is hard to slag a kit off before seeing it to be honest.

LAst seasons Owls kit was not a real kit though, let's face it. As long as you don't look like Ipswich again, that will be an improvement.

But you are right, a lot of fans will not be happy with continuing to go against tradition.

When the Blades brought their white kit with red pinstripe out, a lot didn't like it. But I quite liked it as a one off for the 125 year anniversary.

To be honest I'm not overly bothered about the design as long as the home kit is blue & white, Mr Chansiri is doing far more good than bad for the club so I'll allow him this indulgence, at the end of the day its who's wearing the kit and what they do in it thats paramount and you aint gonna please everybody no matter what you do.

It's an absolute travesty that Chansiri won't allow Wednesday to wear their traditional blue and white stripes. What has the man got against our Identity? The blue Arsenal kit of the sixties was roundly mocked at the time and, from what I can gather from social media, the return to the traditional kit was greeted with roars of approval. When Southampton (Southampton!) attempted to change their kit to fulll red using the same stealth tactics of a season in pin stripes the fans revolted and insisted the club revert to stripes. I can't even imagine how Newcastle would react to the desecration of their kit. But how do Wednesday fans react. They just roll over and allow their master to do as he pleases because we dont want to scare him off do we. Best just to let him carry on making a mockery of the club. Crest designed by a twelve year old(Replacing what was one of the most recognisable and well designed brand logos in English football). Ipswich/Oldham home kit because they look so much better than Wednesday don't they. The whole sorry episode puts this proud club in an extremely poor light in my opinion.

He is giving the club a new identity, he can do that, as he has paid a lot of money for it, where exactly do you think the club would be without him, swapping places wiv dem Blades perhaps ?

Blue and white stripes, black shorts, blue and white hooped socks.

That's our kit. None of the other designs are Wednesday. We should play in the stripes home and away unless they clash with the home team (very rarely in truth).

Quite sad to hear that we're not moving across the road to be honest. A raised surface would eliminate any fear of further flooding (The experts say flooding will be more prevalent)

What capacity would we be looking for? Can our present stadium be reconfigured to accommodate 50k, safely, and without having no-go areas? Can it be designed to look good when we get the (inevitable) 15k attendance from time to time? Maybe redesigning the West Stand and corner sections will make 50k attendances attainable? We certainly need a proper rethink stadium wise. Parts of it look really tired, and some parts have got grass, wheat and sweetcorn growing on them. That's thanks to the idiots among our ranks who can't see an opposing fan without trying to put them in hospital (and opposing fans who think likewise)

Bring back the Birch! :hihi:

My main point is ................. LEAVE THE KIT ALONE. KEEP THE TRADITIONAL KIT. WE ARE NOT IPSWICH. WE ARE WEDNESDAY. :thumbsup: