Throstles fc folding?

Doe anyone remember where the throstles started out ? If my memory serves me correctly they started out at the bottom of occupation lane at hackenthorpe . There's a farm called throstle nest farm and the farmer Tom Lawson turned one of his fields into a football pitch. His son Willy played for them so I have a good idea that is where they started . Can any body verify the same as me.

I think you're right AW, and I also remember them playing on the field on right hand side just after Carter Lodge school in the 70/80s.

I think you're right AW, and I also remember them playing on the field on right hand side just after Carter Lodge school in the 70/80s.

Yes I also remember that drakehouse fields several pitches one with a massive slope.

Yes I also remember that drakehouse fields several pitches one with a massive slope.

They're the ones mate, it's hard to picture now with the road all changed now lol

They're the ones mate, it's hard to picture now with the road all changed now lol

It's across the road from where they've built that new asda next to the college can still picture the fields.

It's across the road from where they've built that new asda next to the college can still picture the fields.

Yes I can picture it now, I remember in 70's, people saying playing for Throstles was the ultimate thing.

Yes I can picture it now, I remember in 70's, people saying playing for Throstles was the ultimate thing.

Too true my friend!

I played for Hackenthorpe Throstles from around 73 to about 75ish. we played at a place called Chiwali Farm, between Hackenthorpe and Beighton about where Crystal Peaks is today. we got changed in an old Chicken Shed with mice all over the place. Brian Fidler (who scored for Macclesfield at Wembley) was the manager. The club split in about 75/76 and half of us went to play for Beighton Miners Welfare JFC and half staying at the Throstles. Trenton Wiggan and Andy Brolly ex Blades played for us at Beighton

I played for Hackenthorpe Throstles from around 73 to about 75ish. we played at a place called Chiwali Farm, between Hackenthorpe and Beighton about where Crystal Peaks is today. we got changed in an old Chicken Shed with mice all over the place. Brian Fidler (who scored for Macclesfield at Wembley) was the manager. The club split in about 75/76 and half of us went to play for Beighton Miners Welfare JFC and half staying at the Throstles. Trenton Wiggan and Andy Brolly ex Blades played for us at Beighton

Yes they originally started out on Tom lawsons farm at the bottom of occupation lane the farm still stands! And I too remember them playing down on Beighton road at chiwhli farm right on the bad bend.

RACHGEE - My name is Ian Brown I remember your dad well. we played together for Beighton Miners Welfare. A good player. I remember he injured his knee playing for Sheffield Boys. I also played against him in a schools cup final for Ashleigh against St John Fisher. I think we also went on a tour of Holland together with Beighton. Hows he doing now ?