Meersbrook Park - Cats found Dead

My SIL just shared this with me:

MEERSBROOK CAT WARNING

A message to all sheffield online followers has been sent on behalf of Rachel Akers:

"I would just like to warn all cat owners in S8 that there is a twisted and evil individual beheading cats and discarding them in Meersbrook Park."

"This has happened 3 times so far, please be vigilant."

The issue has been reported to the police.

Was wondering if there was any truth to this?

Not seen any posters up around looking for missing cats in the area - I'm near the Chesterfield Rd side, so its a bit news to me (unless the cats are coming from Norton Lees side of the park?)

So wondering if theres anyone else has heard this, before keeping mine in....

My SIL just shared this with me:

Was wondering if there was any truth to this?

Not seen any posters up around looking for missing cats in the area - I'm near the Chesterfield Rd side, so its a bit news to me (unless the cats are coming from Norton Lees side of the park?)

So wondering if theres anyone else has heard this, before keeping mine in....

I've not heard anything and my Sister lives close to there, I will see if I can find anything out.

Is there any forensic evidence from a qualified vet that suggest's this could be nothing else but human intervention? Where's the evidence? Or is this just a story generated by Sheffield Online on blinkin Facebook just to drum up panic?

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 15:00 ----------

Was gonna say, I'm in that area nearly every day and not heard or seen owt?

Yeah thats why I was questioning. Wanted to know the validity of it all.

Usually that kind of thing is found here, first - through warnings, slews of missing pets, etc.

Thanks

There are two that I know of found dead in the park recently - the first was very muddy with bite wounds, I think it may have been dug up by a fox. The second which I didn't see but my friend did - beheaded with rope around his/her neck :(

Have these cats been identified? There are missing cats nearby including mine.

---------- Post added 20-07-2014 at 16:16 ----------

Also had this been reported to the police? Some people are disgusting, I can't believe someone could do that.

Check with Peak vets that they may have info or please check the story with the police

Thank you. I am so disgusted. If this is true I want to find out who these sickos are. They deserve to be locked up.

I've rung 101 and theyve not had any reports come through (though I was the second call of the day inquiring about it) about any animal cruelty happening in the park.

They took some information off me, and will look further into it - with the help of the Safer Neighbourhoods team.

Hope this helps

Thank you, it's so awful not feeling that it is safe to let animals out. There are enough dangers already.