Lost:black cat in S17 (Totley)

We live near Baslow Road and have lost our black, male cat. He is 6 years old and naturally quite thin and small. He is very friendly and has a small tear at the top of his right ear.

He is totally black with green eyes.

We have put posters out but it would be great if anyone around there could keep their eyes out and let me know if you have information.

Thank you x

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 10:41 ----------

Someone has reported seeing a cat matching his description around Hutcliffe Wood Road this morning near sainsburys. so it would be great if people in this area could also keep an eye of for him.

Hi

If you could email or drop a poster into Pet Company on Abbeydale Road, we'd put it up in our window for you.

Our email is [email protected]

(We're not far away from Hutcliffe Wood Road near Sainsburys)

Also I think Vets4Pets Millhouses just along from us also have a noticeboard you could put a poster up on.

Hope you find him soon x

Thank you very much for this reply. I have emailed you a copy of the poster we have made and would very much appreciate it if you could put it up in your shop.

Finger crossed!

Lucy

Hi Lucy

Just wondered if there was any news on your cat?

We have the poster up for you in our shop window and also have taken one to Vets4Pets Millhouses and they have it up too on their noticeboard next to the window x

No he is still Missing unfortunately. Thank you for your support though. It means a lot to us.

Just waiting now, we've done posters and flyers, all the vets know, we have even called highway clean up just in case. I just want to know he's safe really.

Dear Lucybella,

Got your message but can't do a private reply. We don't think our visitor has a tear in his ear but we will have a proper look and will let you know. This one has a few white hairs on his chest - does yours?

We are so sorry your cat is missing

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Our cat doesn't have any white patches, he is an all black, although he does have some white hairs mixed in his coat, I don't think this what you mean! If that's the case then it doesn't sound like him.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide this information though. Really appreciated.

Hi - it's not a white patch really - more a short line of white hairs and does have the odd white hair in his coat. We will look at his ear to be more certain.

Hi - it's not a white patch really - more a short line of white hairs and does have the odd white hair in his coat. We will look at his ear to be more certain.

If the cat isn't mine, then there is a cat on the RSPCA Sheffield LOST page that is described as 'black with a speck of white on her neck' that could also be a potential match (23rd July)

http://rspcasheffield.homeip.net/cgi-bin/lostandfound.py?lostorfound=lost&species=Cat

Hi - not been able to get up close to the cat yet but will look as soon as we can. Thanks for this link - will look into it.

We are not sure if he's lost or just a persistent cheeky local who has found a good free food source (we have cats too) but we would love to be able to reunite him with his family if he is lost.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 16:10 ----------

I had a look at our visitor last night and really sorry to say that I could not see a tear in his ear. Very sorry it's not yours