Meersbrook Park - Cats found Dead

I have just spoken to my friend. The 1st cats head was clean off with a rope attached, the second had a missing tail, the 3rds head was hanging by a thread of skin. All 3 were Tabbies, all in the same area of the park, there didnt appear to be bite marks from a fox etc. Other people also saw it and all agreed that it wasnt done by another animal. I will now phone 101

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 19:41 ----------

I have just spoken to my friend. The 1st cats head was clean off with a rope attached, the second had a missing tail, the 3rds head was hanging by a thread of skin. All 3 were Tabbies, all in the same area of the park, there didnt appear to be bite marks from a fox etc. Other people also saw it and all agreed that it wasnt done by another animal. I have phoned 101 and it will be passed onto the Neighbourhood SafetyTeam.

The one with the missing tail definitely had bite marks on it (this was the first one that was found dead, I think it was over one of the bank holiday weekends). i didn't see the others so can't comment on whether they had bite marks or not.

It's absolutely awful, it must be so worrying for cat owners. I do see quite a lot of cats in the park!

EXCUSE ME! I am the woman who reported to Sheff online and I haven't even had this conversation with you. I'm not bothered if anyone calls 101 so don't make things up.

It came across like that.

Sorry (truly sorry!) if i implied anything else.

I have actually seen a beheaded cat in meersbrook park, a few weeks ago. The parks people must know because they are removing them, so that should be the first port of call.

I have actually seen a beheaded cat in meersbrook park, a few weeks ago. The parks people must know because they are removing them, so that should be the first port of call.

If the parks people have removed them , why haven't they called the neighbourhood police unit or even mentioned it to them ? Park staff know the police and they regularly visit meersbrook Park ? If you saw this please report it to the police even if park staff are present , you are a witness to seeing it and the cat could belong to somebody who is heartbroken , you do need to know what has happened to an animals especially when they are part of your family

I live near meersbrook park and in the last couple of years have lost 3 cats in separate instances, all of which were very loved pets. I did everything I could think of to find them, posters,I rung 101 leaflets through peoples doors but never found out what happened to them. All disappeared in the day time I have one cat now luckily she doesn't go out much and is very nervous of strangers. I hope they find who ever is taking these cats I used to think meersbrook was a nice place to live.:(