Missing Cat S8 area *Home*

Hi, my cat Alice has gone missing from Norton Lees area on Fri 4th April. She is a tabby with striped legs and tail with a spotted body . She is very timid and unused to going outside so is likely to be hiding. Could everyone in the Norton Lees/Derbyshire Lane area please check their gardens, sheds ,garages etc. If you have friends in that area please ask them to do the same. Getting very worried now. She has no collar but is microchipped. I'm grateful for anybodies help. Thanks x

Put leaflets through doors asking people to check garages ect do about 20 houses in a circle a lot of folks dont walk so dont see posters on tree etc.

If she's not used to being outdoors, there's a very good chance she's in hiding not very far away.

You need to check every possible hiding space in your garden and neighbours garden.

Some good tips here-

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org...ry-lostcat.php

and, bear in mind that lost inddor cats, when you find them, and out of their territory and generally very frightened- they may well not come to their owner and there is a risk they could bolt when found if things aren't handled well.

---------- Post added 07-04-2014 at 16:19 ----------

sorry- broken link in previous post, this one works-

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/recovery-lostcat.php

Thanks for both of your's advice x I'm in the process of leafleting and I've asked for people to try not to catch her.She's a rescue cat and gets scared very easily, she'd started going out in back garden but has got more confident and tried at the front. I just feel she's got frightened and hiding .When she was taken to the rescue centre she was almost catatonic with fear for weeks so she won't be easy to catch.My other cat is pining for her already : (

My rescue cat is very similar- I've been taking him in the garden on a harness, then progressed to letting him out without the harness while I'm gardening.

His confidence his grown greatly and I'm happy for him to be in the garden as long as he doesn't go over the fence.

Like all nervous cats, when he's scared he runs to a hiding place and dissapears out of sight.

If I were you, I'd arrange to check all possible hiding places in the neighbours gardens and gradually work outwards, I think with nervous cats that's the most likely way you'll find her.

Alice is still missing. Could anybody living in the S8, Norton Lees area please check outbuildings ,gardens etc. Her photo is on the cats lost and missing in south Yorkshire facebook page. Any info would be better than not knowing. Thanks

Bless her, I hope you find her soon. I only just got my cat back in similar circumstances. He had wandered further away than I thought, so do a good few streets radius with the leaflets. I know it's a pain, but enlist some help with the leaflets as you need to cover everywhere around your area just in case as soon as possible. Cats get spooked or frightened and can run a fair distance and hide in someone's back yard. I also put posters in shop windows and the local supermarkets. Also facebook is good.

I went round all the time calling and asking people to keep a look out. Good luck. I really hope you get her back soon.

Alice is still missing. Could anybody living in the S8, Norton Lees area please check outbuildings ,gardens etc. Her photo is on the cats lost and missing in south Yorkshire facebook page. Any info would be better than not knowing. Thanks

Have you placed your listing with catchat?

http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=9671854523aa4726091d76b6f7aa28b7

They have lots of rescue workers on their forums, so they might be able to keep a good look out for her

Also list here:

http://rspcasheffield.homeip.net/cgi-bin/makepage.py?menu=lostandfound.dat&targetpage=lostandfound.dat

I'm in S8 9 and will keep a look out for your baby. fingers crossed for you

Thanks everyone x I've put her on cat chat now, hope I get some news soon, this is unbearable x

---------- Post added 21-04-2014 at 18:04 ----------

MuteWitness, thanks for the link but it's not her x

An update on Alice. She has been spotted in the Shiregreen area, if anyone lives near Dunninc terrace please keep your eyes open, thanks