New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

So on both occasions I have driven to Crystal Peaks this week via Moss Way I have had to stop on the roundabout (Moss Way/Donetsk Way) due to traffic waiting at the temporary traffic lights for the Asda entrance roadworks backing up to the roundabout.

I imagine there will have to be some permanent traffic lights for this entrance when the store is open, plus I understand there is going to be a least one pedestrian crossing. Just hope this roundabout chaos won't be a permanent feature.

So on both occasions I have driven to Crystal Peaks this week via Moss Way I have had to stop on the roundabout (Moss Way/Donetsk Way) due to traffic waiting at the temporary traffic lights for the Asda entrance roadworks backing up to the roundabout.

I imagine there will have to be some permanent traffic lights for this entrance when the store is open, plus I understand there is going to be a least one pedestrian crossing. Just hope this roundabout chaos won't be a permanent feature.

Temporary lights are never timed very well because they can cover some distance, but I would imagine that from 4:30 to 6 it will be a logjam. It seems madness to me that they downgraded the entrance from a roundabout to lights. Time will tell.

Looks like the new Asda at Moss Way is taking shape, the one behind Drake House Retail Park.

But a long time ago I heard there was also plans for an Asda filling station as well, is this still going ahead?

I would think the council would have their work cut out redoing the road network so people aint stuck behind jams every day.

Does anyone know when it is due to open ? thanks

Recruiting now!

Update: Ok, I was going by the huge banner outside the site but trying to search on the Adsa website brings up nothing. Odd.

Edited by Mattenmurg

I guess you couldn't be bothered to read the thread.

Condisering it is 10 pages long, you can't blame him/her for not bothering to read the thread.

Asda has now removed the store opening date from the link.

Condisering it is 10 pages long, you can't blame him/her for not bothering to read the thread.

Asda has now removed the store opening date from the link.

yes i did scroll through but obvisioly missed, and googled new store openings with no joy,

Signs on Drakehouse entrance say "opening March 2014". Best I can do...

Awful shame there won't be a petrol station on this site.

But I am glad that Asda will be opening on our side of Sheffield.

Awful shame there won't be a petrol station on this site.

But I am glad that Asda will be opening on our side of Sheffield.

Awful shame there's going to be an asda, full stop. Traffic round here is going to be a complete nightmare.