Avengers Assemble

Only a month to go before the latest Marvel film hits us. Watched the new IMAX trailer today and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

There is also a chance that Sheffield could get it early. Cineworld and Disney are running a competition to vote for the city you want to get the regional premiere at. Now we managed to win on a worldwide scale with this last year with Paranormal Activity 3 (one of only 20 cities in the world that showed the film early), so I am sure that Sheffield can win again with this.

Pop over to the facebook page and vote for Sheffield http://www.facebook.com/cineworld/app_181354978650900

Fingers crossed we get it first.

Seems the voting page has crashed :/

Hopefully it will be fixed come Monday

I've avoided the trailer (to avoid all those special moments), but will vote when the site starts working again :D

I've avoided the trailer (to avoid all those special moments), but will vote when the site starts working again :D

I wanted to avoid the trailer, but once we got the IMAX trailer in I ended up sat watching it last night.

Have to say it looks like a decent 3D transfer for IMAX (one thing I like about IMAX is that dubious 3D seems so much better), and I can't wait to watch the full film.

Got the first issue of the prelude comic (Fury's Big Week), which helps tie together the timeline of events seen in the past few Marvel films (seems practically all of them took place at the same time...Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and the closing moments of Cap America).

Meh, I'll go see it (not on IMAX though, sod paying £4.50 for that) but I already think it will suck, Marvel tend not to make good movies.

Meh, I'll go see it (not on IMAX though, sod paying £4.50 for that) but I already think it will suck, Marvel tend not to make good movies.
Thats what I love about you Rich. You're such a ray of positive happy sunshine! You're virtually a Care Bear! :hihi::D

So SpiderMan, X-Men, Blade, Iron Man and Punisher all 'sucked' did they? You must have been watching different films to me then.

So SpiderMan, X-Men, Blade, Iron Man and Punisher all 'sucked' did they? You must have been watching different films to me then.

Well, Punisher was a bit of a mess (and War Zone was dreadful), but the rest are great :)

In fact, just watched X-Men with my son (his first time watching it - he was engrossed), and now fancy watching the rest of my collection.

Definitely going to rewatch the recent films, ready for Avengers.

I thought the old Dolph Lundgren punisher wasnt up to much, but the newer one wasnt too bad. Havent seen the sequel yet

I thought the old Dolph Lundgren punisher wasnt up to much, but the newer one wasnt too bad. Havent seen the sequel yet

I'd forgotten all about the Dolph Lundgren one - man, that was bad!

The Thomas Jane starring one was a better attempt, and he played a great Punisher, but John Travolta's pantomime-villainy ruined it for me (and the "send in the russian", cue russian sailor, "Send in the mexican", cue mariachi with guns aspects). Just felt a bit confused as to whether it wanted to be taken seriously or not.

I'd suggest avoiding War Zone as it is just OTT blood and gore with no plot.

Just wondering if you have ever watched a film on IMAX Rich, as I am sure if you had you would realise that £4.50 is a great price to pay for the amazing experience/sound/image quality that you get watching a film in IMAX. If you haven't watched anything in IMAX i recommend that you pick one of the films coming out this year and give it a go.....

I am looking forward to Avengers and hoping that Sheffield can win this competition to get it early so think everyone should go and vote for Sheffield Cineworld

Just wondering if you have ever watched a film on IMAX Rich, as I am sure if you had you would realise that £4.50 is a great price to pay for the amazing experience/sound/image quality that you get watching a film in IMAX. If you haven't watched anything in IMAX i recommend that you pick one of the films coming out this year and give it a go.....

I am looking forward to Avengers and hoping that Sheffield can win this competition to get it early so think everyone should go and vote for Sheffield Cineworld

A few years ago I saw an IMAX 3D screening of the Polar Express in London, it was good I admit that, but I just think why should Unlmited card users pay extra when we already pay £15 a month for our cards?