Hitachi tv (32ld30u a) no power

Wonder if anyone could help iv had this tv in the same place for 3 years with no problem i unplugged to clean few days ago then when i tried it there was nothing at all (NO POWER ) iv looked online and it seems this is quite common, so my question is any advice ON HOW to fix or know of anyone who can fix , cant really afford to replace tv this close to xmas thank you for reading

You've checked the obvious stuff like the fuse in the plug and the power lead right??

Chances are it's popped a capacitor, fairly simple fix a fair few places should be able to sort it out.

As said, likely capacitors, relatively easy and inexpensive to replace....

If you get stuck, let me know, I could take a look! :)

As said, likely capacitors, relatively easy and inexpensive to replace....

If you get stuck, let me know, I could take a look! :)

Hey Ghozer, I have a 49" LG with a problem, sound but no picture, when you switch it on, the LG logo comes up fine then the screen just goes blank but the sound is fine???

Hey Ghozer, I have a 49" LG with a problem, sound but no picture, when you switch it on, the LG logo comes up fine then the screen just goes blank but the sound is fine???

This could also be the capacitors, or it could be the backlight (or inverter) failing...

What's the exact model number? i'll look into known issues relating to the same thing :)

Edited by Ghozer

This could also be the capacitors, or it could be the backlight (or inverter) failing...

What's the exact model number? i'll look into known issues relating to the same thing :)

Will pm you tomorrow...

OMG ive only fixed it LOOOL

Power switch on the back?

hit it with a mallet ?

EXACTLY didnt even know it was there, "grandkids perhaps" found whilst wearing wellies (so didnt get shock) taking back off lol

EXACTLY didnt even know it was there, "grandkids perhaps" found whilst wearing wellies (so didnt get shock) taking back off lol

Haha, I thought that initially, but didn't ask because, well, it's the usual thing to check... haha!!

Glad you sorted it though! xD