Frank White - The Broadfield - 1978

To turn on Sheffield Forum and read a post and blog such as this one has made my day dodger ,I will be thinking about all the gigs I have been to while following Frank for !!!!!!!!!!!years , I once saw him on stage in a Sheffield pub with Joe Cocker , Joe was a World wide star at the time [still is] and Frank is his equal I think Joe would agree, Cheers again.

Thanks Dafo, delighted to get the feedback!

Hello Everyone,

I wrote a new blog about Frank White playing at The Broadfield pub in 1978:

http://www.mylifeinthemoshofghosts.com/2014/11/25/frank-white-the-broadfield-pub-sheffield-saturday-12th-august-1978/

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Dodger

Great stuff, thank you for the link, I have shared it to my facebook and will tell Frank to check Jody or Joels 'facebook'.

Thanks for the feedback Rainbow, it is much appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

I wrote a new blog about Frank White playing at The Broadfield pub in 1978:

http://www.mylifeinthemoshofghosts.com/2014/11/25/frank-white-the-broadfield-pub-sheffield-saturday-12th-august-1978/

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Dodger

The blog looks interesting - did you keep a diary? I started going to gigs in 81 and have been to hundreds since then - but would struggle to remember most of them.

Though given you've got up to 1978 - I take its a very long term project!

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I kept a diary back then.

I have good notes up to '81, and then again from '89 until today.

The mid-80's - I'm gonna need help!

All the best

Dodger.

Amazing... moving and strange to see the Broadfield pub again after so long. Thank you for your post! I played keys in Big Mama Blues band 1970 - 72, and met Frank White several times. My lovely hubby at that time was lead guitarist Tony Hirst, (commonly known as B.B., because of his out of this world playing, and respect for BB King). And Frank would team up with Tony occasionally. I remember loving visiting Frank and his wife (she'd come in knackered after a long nursing shift!), and they were always so accommodating and genial! If you do see Frank or Tony, please pass on my warmest love and best wishes for 2015! Cheers... Heather Sidery

Hope you don't mind but just posted the blog link on Frank White's nephews forum ;)

Okay... Nodding... Hi ! X

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 10:36 ----------

Glad I came across this 'site, as I left Sheffield some years ago, but look forward to visiting Sheffield (including the Broadfield) in the New Year!

Hi Simon J and Sidery,

Thanks so much for the feedback, it is really welcome.

Cheers

Dodger