Car tax, How to find out when due?

Hi all

I was just wondering how to find out when my road tax is due, I put my details in to the .GOV site but it only returns 'Not Due', It doesn't say when it is due for taxing!!

I'm not very good with these computers and am totally flumoxed at how to find this out!! :rant:

Why the heck did they do away with the tax disc when it was so easy just to look at the windscreen??!! :(

Cheers, Biggsy :)

I put my details in to the .GOV site but it only returns 'Not Due', It doesn't say when it is due for taxing!!

Its in the turquoise boxed section at the top of the screen.

Ive just put my details into here...

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

It says mine is taxed and when its due.

Thanks Nikki

That's the one I tried, I tried it again through your link, It just syas 'Not Due', I didn't enter the optional V5C document reference number though, Maybe that's the difference?

Thanks Nikki

That's the one I tried, I tried it again through your link, It just syas 'Not Due', I didn't enter the optional V5C document reference number though, Maybe that's the difference?

Neither did I.

At the top of the screen there should be a green box with the info in it?

Theres a tax box and an MOT box.

Vehicle Smart app you can get on Android and iphone is good, you can save the details of your car, your other halves car and set reminders and such so you don't forget when tax, test or insurance is due.

Vehicle Smart app you can get on Android and iphone is good, you can save the details of your car, your other halves car and set reminders and such so you don't forget when tax, test or insurance is due.

Someone would make a killing if the marketed a sticker that went on the left side of the windscreen, then people would have a reminder ;)

Someone would make a killing if the marketed a sticker that went on the left side of the windscreen, then people would have a reminder ;)

You mean I shouldn't write down the expiry in my calendar, and I have to go out to the car in the snow and wind to see what it says? :)

Thanks geared

My lad has the app On his phone and told me it's ok til June ??

Thanks ?

You should get a letter through the post from DVLA about 3 weeks before your current road tax is to expire giving you the options on how to pay.

Worse day's work they ever did getting rid of the old tax disc - I'm sure there are many drivers not only around where I live but in other areas that are driving un-taxed vehicles.

You will get a reminder through the post a few weeks before its due anyway.

You should get a letter through the post from DVLA about 3 weeks before your current road tax is to expire giving you the options on how to pay.

Worse day's work they ever did getting rid of the old tax disc - I'm sure there are many drivers not only around where I live but in other areas that are driving un-taxed vehicles.

A friend of mine bought a car to fix, he had it on his drive for a year, it wasnt SORN just in between owners.

No back dated tax to pay, because they cannot prove who owned it.