It is now Two Thousand and Fifty .

It's 2050 and the world has achieved sustainability .

What will society be like ?

Edited by petemcewan

I think the majority of society will be thirty three years older.

If you die after 2050, your property will be distributed fairly.

What given to your family without tax?

If you die after 2050, your property will be distributed fairly.

I'll be sure to end up dying penniless in that case then having passed it on to my successors before I shuffle off.

I will be stoking the furnaces by then so it wont bother me :)

Everything will be done by robots, and we will have loads of leisure time, even our leisure time will be done online ;)

I'll be sure to end up dying penniless in that case then having passed it on to my successors before I shuffle off.

Really? Why would you be so petty as to prefer to spend all your money before death so that it doesn't go to improving the lives of everyone who is still living?

---------- Post added 28-03-2017 at 11:42 ----------

Everything will be done by robots, and we will have loads of leisure time, even our leisure time will be done online ;)

This should be the future, but sadly I suspect it'll be more like:

Everything is done by robots but the elite still need to pretend that work pays so menial jobs are still being done by the people needlessly for pathetic pay as there are so few actual jobs. There has been no sensible redistribution of wealth so those who have money continue to live in luxury while those who do not struggle to grab any work available and live in increasing poverty.

Really? Why would you be so petty as to prefer to spend all your money before death so that it doesn't go to improving the lives of everyone who is still living?

Words fail me sometimes. Read what I said I'd do not what you think I would do.

Words fail me sometimes. Read what I said I'd do not what you think I would do.

I still read your post the wrong way I think...to me it says you'd rather end up penniless than leave your house to be distributed fairly, I've honestly read it a couple of times to make sure I've not misinterpreted it.

You have to recognise the legitimacy of personal property in order to understand.

Having invested time and effort and taken risks to acquire personal property and wealth it only matches one rather radical definition of "fair" for it to be confiscated upon death (much as in life).

The state has already taken their cut at the time the wealth was earned, upon death you think they should have whatever is left?

Such property and wealth should clearly go to whomever the former owner chooses to pass it on to?

Myself I shall take whatever steps are necessary to see that I continue to support my wife and my family from Valhalla rather than allowing the state to waste it on windmills.

Edited by unbeliever

There you go sgt.