Why are impounded vehicles crushed?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but why do impounded vehicles all seem to be crushed when you watch these police programmes on TV?

Shurley some kind of central, public funded garage where impounded vehicles are tested and sold back to the public would be a better idea?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but why do impounded vehicles all seem to be crushed when you watch these police programmes on TV.

Because that what they want most people to believe as it scares them and it make good cheap TV viewing.

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 21:49 ----------

They flog them. perhaps they crush dangerous ones.

John Pye sell some, they even have auctions in Sheffield.

http://www.johnpye.co.uk/vehicles/

They mainly crush the ones with low value or with failed mots or damage. Been to a couple of auction myself with a friend.

When I lived in Florida you would often see high end cars that were seized by the police badged up as police vehicles and on the doors it would say donated by a criminal.

Now that's an awesome use of cars used by drug dealers etc

They mainly crush the ones with low value or with failed mots or damage. Been to a couple of auction myself with a friend.

I don't understand why they don't go to breakers yards first for the parts. People will always want interior trim and the like.

Why is it that pretty much every car sold by John Pye auctions in Sheffield doesn't have any keys, whereas the ones sold at their other sites do?

Have you flicked through the cars on the sheffield auction page lol. Wonder why that commercial vehicle has been impounded?

Edited by Tim1
Spelling like a 3 year old lol