British couple sell houses to China

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/11660188/Buy-to-let-tycoon-Fergus-Wilson-I-sold-50-Ashford-semis-to-a-Chinese-estate-agent.html

Slap in the face from British couple to other British wanting to get on the property ladder.

Buy-to-let tycoon Fergus Wilson: 'I sold 50 Ashford semis to a Chinese estate agent'

Fergus Wilson, the original 'buy-to-let king' with 1,000 Kent properties, has sold 50 of them to a Chinese buyer who will sell them on to other investors – also based in China

A slap in the face from buy to let parasites, what do you expect.

As vile and despicable as I think these people are, perhaps they are wise enough recognise a bubble when they see one.

We've been flogging bits of the country to China a bit at a time for a while now. And I for one will welcome our Chinese overlords when they finally own it all. ;)

Such drama queens. Fergus is obviously just offloading low grade council stock to concentrate on nicer properties in better areas with much lower risk tenants. He can't be expected to provide council property forever, it's a troublesome highly regulated sector. He's getting older, wants an easier life. You wouldn't begrudge a pensioner a quiet retirement would you? Poor bloke's grafted all his life.

Whats the problem, they are his properties and he can sell them to whoever he damn well wants.

If someone on the other side of the world wants to buy property here then thats their risk.

I wonder if people would take advantage of owners like that and not pay rent???

It feels as if the working class are pawns being moved around, in a multi-national game of monopoly.

Slavery through property. Feudalism.

Are British people who buy property abroad also doing wrong?

What about all those who move to Spain for their retirement and stuff??

When the rights of property trump the rights of man, of course they are.

Hmm how strange....So Fergus Wilson is happy to sell 50 of his properties to Chinese investors; and yet, he reportedly tried to ban “coloured” tenants from his properties. Wilson, who owns nearly 1,000 homes across Ashford and Maidstone in Kent, is said to have told a lettings agency, Evolution, that “coloured” people leave a smell in his property.

The directive, seen by the Sun newspaper, reportedly reads: “No coloured people because of the curry smell at the end of the tenancy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/28/landlord-fergus-wilson-said-coloured-people-leave-curry-smell

What a horrible man

Yet without BTL landlords, there'd be insufficient properties 'to let' from public sector etc. bodies.