Where can I get some work experience?

I don't see what patient confidentiality has to do with it if you are assisting rather than accessing their notes. At our surgery they often ask if a student can be in the consultation or if they can video it. If we have blood taken we see the nurse who just takes blood and sends it off. The nurse doesn't ask questions. If she inputs something to the computer we don't get to see it so an assistant wouldn't.

I don't see what patient confidentiality has to do with it if you are assisting rather than accessing their notes. At our surgery they often ask if a student can be in the consultation or if they can video it. If we have blood taken we see the nurse who just takes blood and sends it off. The nurse doesn't ask questions. If she inputs something to the computer we don't get to see it so an assistant wouldn't.

A student is employed by the nhs, if you want a refresher or training course you're not. When I've taken blood as in any procedures it has to be inputted in the patient records.

Try asking a practice manager for a placement and see.

A student is employed by the nhs, if you want a refresher or training course you're not. When I've taken blood as in any procedures it has to be inputted in the patient records.

Try asking a practice manager for a placement and see.

If you are not qualified then you must be an additional person being supervised by a qualified member of staff. The qualified member of staff would input the data not the student.

If that route fails, do some 'voluntary' work. I spent a month in a Hospital laboratory doing exactly that. I wasn't paid, it was to gain experience as part of my training course. My experience was a long time ago but my niece has just got a placement doing exactly that (at Rotherham Hospital). She will be joining full time students gaining some experience but she isn't on their course. She will be in a different department to you but will get to be with patients.

I will get something in the end I'm sure. I would just be doing the procedure, would have nothing to do with notes or anything.

I will get something in the end I'm sure. I would just be doing the procedure, would have nothing to do with notes or anything.

That's what I was saying. Perhaps the people you have contacted don't understand what you mean?

Perhaps they don't understand Chez2, anyway just applied for a healthcare assistant job see if anything happens there. I have other people to ask too so I will get there.

Might be worth going to college, get a BTEC in health and social?

I have got level 3 in health and social care. I can administer certain meds, have experience of doing bm readings, blood pressure recordings, experience of dressings, some experience of spirometry but can't get a hca position in general practice as they want one that is already trained in venepuncture not one they have got to train.

I actually got a reply from a GP surgery I emailed. Going to see the practice nurse on Friday to see if she can help, so we'll see what happens. Foxydebs, keep trying, I've seen the odd job on Indeed that says no experience necessary as training will be given. You can also do the phlebotomy course that I did via Geopace.