The Closed Shop - Reet Ale Pullin Out

Great to hear Chris and Kate confirmed at the helm of the Rutty. Best not comment too much or I shall be chided by the powers that be...

Hi,

My name is Chris and I am the pub manager of The Closed Shop. I can confirm that it is our intention to take on the lease of the pub from Reet Ales and to run it for the good of the community.

At the moment, we are gauging interest and forming a steering group that will look into facilitating the acquisition of the pub.

Although there isn't much on there at the moment, you can follow the progress/get involved via our FB or Twitter pages - just search "closedshopcomm".

Cheers,

Chris

That`s good to hear. Hope it all goes well. :thumbsup:

Closed Shop is really Closed tonight. Couldn't see the notice in the window driving past but their twitter says they might be shut for a while now.

Where do I get my fix of a decent cider? They had by far the best selection in the city.

Come back soon !

Harlequin on Nursery street or the Rutland in town are known for their cider!

Bet they pulled the plug on the pubs Punch also closed notice on door couldn't read was on a bus.

Im told all are shut apart from the Rutty which has already changed hands

Im told all are shut apart from the Rutty which has already changed hands

Can confirm that the Three Tuns was also closed earlier. Seemed to all happen at short notice..

Really love the 3 Tuns. Hope there is some sort of plan to reopen it.

The Puncbowl also closed yesterday which is part of the group, feel so sorry for Ed the Manager there he was working so hard to make it work.

Guest makapaka

I'd be really surprised if they didn't reopen they are all steady pubs and have all been refurbished under the previous owners.

They must have spent a fortune on the refurbs - odd how they're just walking away from it all.

I' sure they will be re-opened soon by punch until they find new tenants.