Where to live on this planet thats warm?

I will settle for a Greek Island.

Could you change jobs and work in a part of the industry that is not seasonal?

Presumably you ferry tourist about? what about flying cargo? Training?

South Italy could be good? France. My mum has a holiday home there currently that she uses about 4 weeks of the year near Rennes so might be worth a few trips to see what it's like year round. Bound to be warmer than here.

I do have a rare weekend off this week due booking leave before it's peak summer so we're off to find warmer weather in La Rochelle area of France in the Motorhome. Summer it's a struggle as I tend to work every weekend so really need warmth in the winter when I work very little.

Rennes isn't a deal warmer than Southern England. La Rochelle has plenty of sun in summer but isn't more than a few degrees warmer than Cornwall in the winter - only the far south of France is warm in winter (most years).

When we retire in a couple of years we're looking at either living in France (must be south of the Loire) and having a motorhome to winter in Southern Spain or the Algarve - or living in the last two places and taking a motorhome to France in the summer to cool down.

Rennes isn't a deal warmer than Southern England. La Rochelle has plenty of sun in summer but isn't more than a few degrees warmer than Cornwall in the winter - only the far south of France is warm in winter (most years).

When we retire in a couple of years we're looking at either living in France (must be south of the Loire) and having a motorhome to winter in Southern Spain or the Algarve - or living in the last two places and taking a motorhome to France in the summer to cool down.

Like the reverse idea. Always been a fan of Portugal.

Yea Rennes might not be the warmest of places but a few trips to a family home would give us a little insight into living somewhere else as a family

Talking with the missis about potential other places to live the other day got me thinking where really is there?

Reason for the thought. The Weather. its crap. We lock ourselfs in for about 8 months of the year in the cold. No parks. No BBQ's no ambling round the country side.

Then summer hits and I work a seasonal job and I am at work during all the BBQ's :( I seem to trade my life for money in the cold and working.

Don't really want to swap jobs as I would chop about 80% of my wage been only qualified in the one thing and have to move from a nice area and stop buying cool toys.

My job is transferable anywhere on the planet though and there are ample opportunities at the moment.

So where?

Florida is warm but I cant get a visa/green card.

Spain is warm but the language barrier is an issue and they like a siesta far too much and nothing gets done.

Canada is fine for work and I like the place but it VERY cold in the winter.

Australia probably ticks a lot of boxes but just too far away so would never see anyone again realistically.

Greece is on its ass economy wise

Canary Islands again tick a lot of boxes but there tiny so could get cabin fever

South Africa. again lots of box's ticked but not the safest place on the planet.

Where am I missing? Do we just have to put up with the weather and lump it?

Where would you go?

I'm sure Alcoblog runs day trips from area 51 n a half to the earths core. Pretty warm down there and he provides a light lunch.

Use Google my friend, people have created sites especially catered for this topic. There's lists on where and how you can live there.