Anyone from maltby street school?

Joanl.......did you know Glady's Elliss and her elder sister whos name escapes at the moment.

The only Gladys I recall was Gladys Griffiths .......end of Ebury St. I do remember somebody called Ellis but just can't remember any first names at the moment.....:huh:

hi its dora gelsthorpe here.what a surprise to see mine and my sister mavis name on here.all the names mentioned brought back some great memories.is it rita shemald who wrote it!!!.im living in spain with ron radford and at the moment im in sheffield celebrating my birthday with the family.cant wait to show our mavis and mary what iv seen on here.hope everyone is well and will continue to keep on checking on here when i get back to spain.

I just found this thread again whilst looking for information on the old school, so thought maybe this is where I'd find the answer. I've seen some photos on facebook where it was called Maltby st Secondary Modern:?: I queried it and was told that it became a Secondary Modern in 58/60....well my brother was still going there then and I don't remember anything ever being mentioned of this....in fact, I was still in Sheffield at that time as well. I knew it changed to something Worral but can't get my head round it being called 'anything' Modern.....anyone put my mind at rest :help: it's bugging me now......

I just found this thread again whilst looking for information on the old school, so thought maybe this is where I'd find the answer. I've seen some photos on facebook where it was called Maltby st Secondary Modern:?: I queried it and was told that it became a Secondary Modern in 58/60....well my brother was still going there then and I don't remember anything ever being mentioned of this....in fact, I was still in Sheffield at that time as well. I knew it changed to something Worral but can't get my head round it being called 'anything' Modern.....anyone put my mind at rest :help: it's bugging me now......

It became known as, Dr john Worral Special School,

I personaly dislike the special part of the name,

but it was for children who had learning dificulties or behavior problems,

as i came into learning dificulties ( was born disabled and missed alot of schooling due to hospital treatment )

i was there from 1973 - 79

It was a great scool and still think of those i was there with.

and the school is still standing or was in october 2011

hi karenr yes it is rita shemeld who put maltby st on this forum you are the only person from our class that answered it was anice surprise hope you had a nice birthday with your family but knowing your mavis and you i bet you gave the ball akick why notwe might be abit long in the tooth but we always knew how to enjoy ourselfs hope you had a safe journey back to spain hoping to hear from you soon dora shem

I was there 63 to 69. Does anyone remember Mr Glen, a tall Scottish man from what I remember? Great teacher. Fond memories of him. Remember my first teacher being Miss Crocker who was small with dark hair.

Does anyone remember my brother Harry Robinson? he was five years younger than me. Anyway, just to say that he passed away in April. He went to Maltby Street too ........

anyone remember a maureen johnson? 1950s

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 17:19 ----------

my mum maureen johnson went there in the 1950s......anyone remember her?

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 18:47 ----------

hi did u know a maureen johnson?

The only Gladys I recall was Gladys Griffiths .......end of Ebury St. I do remember somebody called Ellis but just can't remember any first names at the moment.....:huh:

I believe their was 4 kids the eldest was older than us but the others were Dorothy who passed her 11plus but was last seen working at SABEN on Newhall Rd and the other was call Peter who was a few years younger.

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 12:21 ----------

What about Mr Goldstone who had a large ginger tache,somebody must remember him surely

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 12:26 ----------

I went to Maltby street school 1961 till 1967 and i lived on Clay street.

I went there from 1946 -1955 and also lived on Clay Street until 1963

Omg just reminising GREENGINGER AKA MUM, You were involved in an accident on the Spa lane crossing opposite Hackenthorpe shops 4/11/2009 passed away sadly early hours of 6/11/2009 :( :( :(

Eternally remembered on a Social web site bless you. Hope your all reunited up there and having fun xxxxx

Billy Coe,Gordon newbold, Margaret smith, Janet Holstein, Kathleen Taylor

Alan McNamara Brian Evans Billy chisholm Dennis circuit Richard brocklebank

Ian burns Janice Atwood Jennifer Payne

I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE PEOPLE?