Genealogy: Savage family in Sheffield

I have quite a full family tree for my grandma's side of the family and there is a good deal of research been done my for mother-in-laws side.

But for some reason the fellas on both sides seem scarce on information.

So if anyone is reading this and has information on Savage family in Sheffield could you please get in touch.

Moon

I lived at Manor Oaks Farm for a while in 1959/ 1960, my dad looked after the cows that were brought to the farm before being taken for slaughter at Mr Savage's slaughter house. He supplied our family with meat every week and bought an old english sheepdog off of my dad. When we lived at Manor Oaks Farm, the house was a big double gabled place with huge attics and two staircases. I searched on the internet for Manor Oaks Farm a couple of days ago and it is not a shadow of it's former self, but then again I remember it from over 50 years ago.

i have a cheque dated 10/11/1960 made out to a customer & signed by Harold savage at manor oaks any idea who he was.

i have a cheque dated 10/11/1960 made out to a customer & signed by Harold savage at manor oaks any idea who he was.

EEE thal not get that cashed nah lad Lol

Enchi I have PMd you.

hiya i knew a savage family on bath st in the 1940s there was charlie,his wife elsie i think, peter and stuart and rita their children.

Hi,

Sorry to intrude on you post but was wondering if anyone can help me. I am looking for a Paul Johnson Who would be around the age of 50 now, give or take a few years. He worked at classic marples in 1990 and lived at either manor park of Norfolk park flats. (Not sure which).

Thanks.

There was a family of Savages lived Doe Royd Cres. Parson Cross.A fairly large family who went to Meynell Rd. school,then Chaucer.

Hi my family name is Savage my father was Edward/Ted Savage from Hackenthorpe we moved to hyde park flats also lived on the Manor and Gleadless valley

hiya i knew a savage family on bath st in the 1940s there was charlie,his wife elsie i think, peter and stuart and rita their children.

I used to know a Stuart Savage many years ago his family lived Iseem to remember lived near the old Viners factory

Sheena Savage ex drummer with top sheffield blues rockers the steve French band.

There is a Chris Savage at the National Market Traders Federation in Hoyland.

I remember a savage he was a full time police officer and also a army officer at Edmond Road drill hall mid sixties top guy.

There were at least two police officers called Savage in the 60s, both serving in B Central division. One was Harry Savage who was deputed to be the Constable on permanent duty in the Sheaf and Wholesale Markets. I can't tell you much more about him but he was very well known and very popular. The other was Len Savage who originated from Boston and was possibly connected with the ACF. He went on to be a Sergeant at Hammerton Road. He and his family, Kath, and his son Gary and daughter Jenny, lived in police houses at Vicarage Lane, Dore, then at Meadowhead. Towards his retirement his wife Kath ran a successful sandwich shop in The Wicker. They retired to Skegness and ran a boarding house then moved back to Boston where he ran a very successful taxi firm. Len died a few years ago aged 79, his daughter died a couple of years later of a brain aneurism. Gary still runs the business and Kath lives alone. Lovely people.

A John Savage married an Elizabeth Stannyforthe of Geer lane back in the early 1600s, I know that from my extensive Staniforth research, Geer Lane is of course Ridgeway.