Calling all Sheffield mums!

****Calling all Mamas!*******

I've started working on a new project to help promote a new app called Mush.. its kind of like Tinder but for mums to find other mums local to their area.

Once you've signed up to the app you then create a profile, add info about your interests and your kiddies and then link in with other mums to arrange to go for coffee/walks/shopping.. whatever you fancy to keep you sane whilst looking after little people.

It would be great to get more Sheffield mama's signed up as well as UK wide!

Heres a link you can follow which will take you straight to the app store where you can download the app for free-

https://mushapp.app.link/YwgyOP2vJA

Or search 'Mush' in the app store (android equivalent available too)

Any feedback on the app and/or concept welcome :)

Thanks,

Holly

My feedback would why is this aimed, yet again, at mums, and not dads.

The world is so dismissive of dads being 50% of a child's upbringing. Every time - it's so annoying.

It's a perpetuated myth. 'Daddy day care' is thrown out as a phrase suggesting that mums are the ones that are able, yet dads are somehow a second best, like childcare. Utter and complete rubbish.

How about focusing the app towards parents, rather than just mums?

Sorry to rant but this really annoys me.

Yep. I agree. My hubby works evenings/ weekends whilst I work during the day. That means he looks after our little girl most week days. A friend of ours also looks after his two girls during the day whilst his wife works. I think there's a lot more families like this. Why restrict it just to mums? Not having a go, just trying to raise awareness

My feedback would why is this aimed, yet again, at mums, and not dads.

The world is so dismissive of dads being 50% of a child's upbringing. Every time - it's so annoying.

It's a perpetuated myth. 'Daddy day care' is thrown out as a phrase suggesting that mums are the ones that are able, yet dads are somehow a second best, like childcare. Utter and complete rubbish.

How about focusing the app towards parents, rather than just mums?

Sorry to rant but this really annoys me.

Totally agree with you Andy, it doesn't sound like a rant at all.

Thank you both. It's something that really bugs me - I love my little girl so much it's ridiculous, and there are countless situations whereby I feel second best because everything is 'mother & baby'.

Another example - mother and baby toilets. So, when my girl was young I struggled to change her in a number of places that only had these as dads quite clearly aren't welcome. Thankfully Mothercare was very good like this, and had 'parent and child' rooms, as it should be.

As long as the child is loved, appreciated and supported, who cares what the family set up is :)