Favourite instumental break in song.

This one, ohmygod this one - Neil Young 'Love and Only Love' on the live album Weld

There are two: 2.40 - 3.33 and the epic one at 4.40 - 7.40 which is the best advert for rock 'n' roll I've ever heard.

lucifers friend - vision ..... not many of yor yung uns willa erd it , reyt song !

It's a yes from me.

House of the Rising Sun, the Animals with Alan Price on the organ.

The Stranglers - Walk On By (long version)

An oldie from me. 1969. 'Living in Sin' – Skin Alley. The instrumental break starting in earnest around 2 minutes in, and lasting for... 2 minutes. A lot going on – but I find the bassline and sax particularly delicious.

if you like sax solos then how about the outro on "will you"?

you need to find the full version of the song to get the full magnificence of the solo

No stairway to heaven yet? Stairway to heaven then. ;)

Amsterdam by Coldplay.

Just thought of another one, well two really, Reconsider Baby by Elvis, this is a standout musical break(2) for power drumming ( Hal Blaine) and crazy saxophone ( Boots Randolph) with a lot of piano and guitar tinkling going on ( Floyd Cramer and Scotty Moore). The reason I said two was because Eric Clapton did a great version of that song on From the Cradle, with a crazy, fantastic guitar solo.

Edited by TORONTONY

Heard this on the radio the other day...

"My Baby Just Cares for Me" by Nina Simone....

Great piano solo in that!!!!

Some of the ones I like have been mentioned, but one of my favourites is the long version of Layla - Derek and the Dominos.

Many great songs have great instrumental breaks in mid song. My favourite one is the saxaphone solo in True by Spandau Ballet, close second is Scotty

Moore's explosive guitar break on Elvis Presley's Hound Dog. What do you guys all like?

The lead guitar on 'Little Sister' 'int too bad' either !

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 21:18 ----------

Just thought of another one, well two really, Reconsider Baby by Elvis, this is a standout musical break(2) for power drumming ( Hal Blaine) and crazy saxophone ( Boots Randolph) with a lot of piano and guitar tinkling going on ( Floyd Cramer and Scotty Moore). The reason I said two was because Eric Clapton did a great version of that song on From the Cradle, with a crazy, fantastic guitar solo.

Yes Mr.T. Hal Blaine, perhaps the best ever (well American) rock drummer with 'Be My Baby', Ronettes and Lesley Gore's 'It's My Party' as well as being on the entire 'Phil Spector's Christmas Album'. Back to guitar solo's, for me there are two that make the nerves tingle: 'Shakin' All Over' (Joe Moretti) Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and Unit 4 +2's 'Concrete and Clay' (David 'Buster' Miekle) and... for some of us, there's 'Apache' ! Yes an instrumental and no lyrics.

Edited by stpetre
Add