Paypal problems - how long does it take to get a refund?

Does any one know what the situation is with repaymants through Pay Pal.

I am waiting for my money back after a deal on Ebay was cancelled but although the seller has authorised my reparmant Pay Pal have not put the money back into my account ,have they the right to hold on to my money for at least a week now , is there a way to get them looked into!

Were you the buyer or seller on the deal? I know that Paypal tend to side with the buyer in disputes.

you can speak direct to someone from paypal all the contact details are on the site

i recently had a similar problem and that took 10 days to be resolved

My brother asked for his money back on an item about a week ago and they agreed but he is still waiting for the money to go in.

Were you the buyer or seller on the deal? I know that Paypal tend to side with the buyer in disputes.

I was the buyer and paid cash after the seller had refunded my pay pal money ,but paypal are hanging on to this repaymant and leaving me in the red.

If you paid by card, it can take a few days for it to go back on, as it usually does with a refund in a shop.

If you paid by bank transfer, it takes a few days for the payment to come out of your bank (between 3 and 7 days depending on the bank) and you won't get a refund until it has initially cleared from your account. Essentially, Paypal pay the seller and you repay Paypal in this case. Then, once its all gone through, you get the refund into PayPal, not the bank, and will have to transfer it back (another few days)

you can speak direct to someone from paypal all the contact details are on the site

i recently had a similar problem and that took 10 days to be resolved

Cheers i have been told that this is there policy to hold on to other peoples money for days on end ,could earn them millions i suppose.

Cheers i have been told that this is there policy to hold on to other peoples money for days on end ,could earn them millions i suppose.

Thats usually when people sell with PayPal, they have money on 'hold'. Not sure it happens with refunds. Contact them anyway if you're certain that they are holding it, and its nothing of the usual sort, like I posted above :)

Thats usually when people sell with PayPal, they have money on 'hold'. Not sure it happens with refunds. Contact them anyway if you're certain that they are holding it, and its nothing of the usual sort, like I posted above :)

Thanks for your help.

If you open a dispute, Paypal "hold" the money until the dispute is resolved. If the seller drags their heels, this can take around 10 days and in some cases more.

It's a sucky system that only benefits Paypal.

If you open a dispute, Paypal "hold" the money until the dispute is resolved. If the seller drags their heels, this can take around 10 days and in some cases more.

Paypal do give the seller 10 days to respond, and if they don't respond, then you get a refund, same with eBay buyer protection.... However, OP has said the seller has already agreed to give the refund.

You are right the seller gave me my money back so no problem, but paypal decide they will keep my money as long as they feel like it and meanwhile i am overdrawn , Bankers ! so is there an alterative way to pay on Ebay.