Best risotto I've ever had

Had to share this recipe from the classic Silver Spoon cook book but with an added twist from myself.

Smoked Salmon risotto. I made it last night and it was heavenly.

Serves 2

First make 1.5pints of vegetable stock and bring to the boil.

Melt about 10g butter in a saucepan or deep frying pan then add 175g of risotto rice. Stir and cook until the grains are coated in the butter.

This is where I changed the recipe. The book says add 175ml of sparkling wine and cook until evaporated. I used half a glass of white wine and the same amount of pernod.

Add a ladle of stock and cook until absorbed. Keep doing this for about 20 mins. Meanwhile coarsely chop about 50g of smoked salmon and finely chop another 50g of smoked salmon. Add the finely chopped salmon to about 10g of butter and cream together. This provides the rich lusciousness of the dish.

About 2 mins before the rice is cooked stir in both lots of salmon.

I served it with asparagus wrapped in bits of salmon I had left over.

Edited by taxman

No garlic or parmesan?

sounds wonderful. One of my favourite risotto recipes is smoked haddock and spinach, served with a very soft poached egg so they yolk runs through making it extra rich!!

No garlic or parmesan?

Surprisingly not, given as my normal reaction to any recipe is to put ten times the amount of garlic in plus half a block of parmesan