Morrisons, hillsborough cafe

I agree with Scutts.

Never had a bad meal at Ecclesfield.

On my rare visits back to Sheffield it suits me for a fish and chip meal before hitting the motorway for the 3 hour drive home.

We differ on that point.

I would be expecting bad food, but bad food needs to be defined in such cases as this, generally food from establishments such as this are going to be inferior to places with, say Michelin Stars.

In essence, you get what you pay for, if you went to Gordon Ramseys restaurant and paid extortionate prices would you expect a certain standard?

Of course you would, and rightly so.

Therefore, you pay Morrisons prices, expect to get what your going to get.

I don't agree. Sunday lunch at my local pub is only about £2 more than the Morrison's one. The pub meal is larger and infinitely superior, all home made. In the pub you DO get what you pay for so It's not just the Michelin starred places Morrison's is worse than and you don't need a £25 price increment for the dish to work that out. One thing that really annoyed me was when I had a slice of lemon meringue pie from the Morrisons cafe once. Tasteless, watery and not very lemony. £1.50. After eating it I went round doing my shopping and saw the same pie in the freezer section. A whole pie on offer for £1. Realised I'd just bought 1/8 of a defrosted pie worth £1 and paid £1.50 for it. It's that kind of blatant mickey take that is infuriating.

That said,the breakfasts aren't too bad.

---------- Post added 22-08-2014 at 02:55 ----------

I agree with Scutts.

Never had a bad meal at Ecclesfield.

On my rare visits back to Sheffield it suits me for a fish and chip meal before hitting the motorway for the 3 hour drive home.

Morrison's fish and chips is bizarre. Not proper chips - some kind of frozen product. Fish cut too thin and extremely greasy as a result. Peas like little pellets. Not for the feint hearted but perfect for those with a stomach made of cast iron.

You were probably hallucinating all the way down the motorway.

Edited by I1L2T3

Why is that micky taking, they have to pay the staff in the restaurant, throw away some of the food that doesn't get purchased, pay for the space the cafe occupies, pay for the electricity and heating.

Did you imagine that the slice of pie should have cost 20p?

What should?

Think he is suggesting anyone spending over £60 should get a voucher to use in the cafe.

There's an older man who works in there...on the till...happy and pleasant - always polite. There are several women working there.....miserable as sin the lot of them...rude and unhelpful. Not my favourite place and hasn't been for a long time.

And what's with this closing off the upper level....like they can't be bothered to clean tables up there.

Was in there last week waiting for someone (who took 20 minutes to arrive)....sat at a dirty table....plenty of the women workers passed my table not one of them thought to clear the obviously dirty stacked up plates and items. Lazy just doesn't come into it.

erm have I been eating in same place,!! café is very busy . always hot food breaky very nice, services good

There's an older man who works in there...on the till...happy and pleasant - always polite. There are several women working there.....miserable as sin the lot of them...rude and unhelpful. Not my favourite place and hasn't been for a long time.

And what's with this closing off the upper level....like they can't be bothered to clean tables up there.

Was in there last week waiting for someone (who took 20 minutes to arrive)....sat at a dirty table....plenty of the women workers passed my table not one of them thought to clear the obviously dirty stacked up plates and items. Lazy just doesn't come into it.

I have no idea where you're talking about, this thread is about the cafe at Morrisons!

I have no idea where you're talking about, this thread is about the cafe at Morrisons!

That's where the post is referring to!

Yes....that is what I am talking about too....the cafe at Morrisons. Did you fail to understand my post??? :)

The man works the till IN THE CAFE....the miserable women work IN THE CAFE.....I was sat at a dirty table waiting for a friend IN THE CAFE. The upstairs bit is always shut off IN THE CAFE.

Would you like to see a photo of the prawn sandwich I had when I was in there recently???

Edited by julado

Yes....that is what I am talking about too....the cafe at Morrisons. Did you fail to understand my post??? :)

The man works the till IN THE CAFE....the miserable women work IN THE CAFE.....I was sat at a dirty table waiting for a friend IN THE CAFE. The upstairs bit is always shut off IN THE CAFE.

Would you like to see a photo of the prawn sandwich I had when I was in their recently???

Blimey - what's with the attitude?!