Discount Cat neutering in Sheffield and Rotherham

Sheffield Hallam is offering free and reduced cost neutering in Sheffield and Rotherham to people on benefits and low wages.

Our veterinary team recommend that cats are neutered and spayed as soon as possible after they are four months old.

We can also arrange for your cat to be microchipped for £10. This will help rescues to return cats to their owners.

email amandalouise08@googlemail.com with your phone number, we will call you.

Please note that this service is no longer available but please read on for further advice.

Edited by Moonbird

Thats a fabulous offer. We tried to highlight the prices that different vets in and around Rotherham and Sheffield were charging to neuter male and female cats - because it really does differ greatly.

PLEASE TAKE UP THIS OFFER - this is cat breeding season just about to start - every cat neutered is hundreds of cats prevented from being born and ultimately die young, usually unwanted.

For those not on benefits - please phone round local vets as the cost of neutering does differ greatly between them.

Thats a fabulous offer. We tried to highlight the prices that different vets in and around Rotherham and Sheffield were charging to neuter male and female cats - because it really does differ greatly.

PLEASE TAKE UP THIS OFFER - this is cat breeding season just about to start - every cat neutered is hundreds of cats prevented from being born and ultimately die young, usually unwanted.

For those not on benefits - please phone round local vets as the cost of neutering does differ greatly between them.

You are absolutely right Rain, there are massive price differences at different vets for different treatments such as neutering and vaccinations, I would advise anyone to shop around, if you can get a better deal and its a good vet then vote with your feet, perhaps then they will get the message that people need affordable veterinary treatment.

And yes please do get your cats neutered, it is a terrible time of year for cats and kittens, so much suffering out there :(

Can I bump this post please, even though it's a sticky?

In every area of our city there are endless reports of mums and kittens living rough, trying to cope with no shelter, no food, no space for them in rescue, no future. If only people would have their cats neutered-a simple and inexpensive op.

What is the cheapest price for kitten neutering in the Sheffield area without a voucher?

I am considering getting 2 kittens and I am just looking into the costs involved. They would more than likely be indoor cats but I still want to be responsible and have them neutered. My wages are slightly too high to get any benefits so I wouldn't be entitled to a voucher.

What is the cheapest price for kitten neutering in the Sheffield area without a voucher?

I am considering getting 2 kittens and I am just looking into the costs involved. They would more than likely be indoor cats but I still want to be responsible and have them neutered. My wages are slightly too high to get any benefits so I wouldn't be entitled to a voucher.

The best thing to do is to ring around, you will find that prices can vary wildly.

For important information on when to neuter your kitten, and invaluable information about cats and neutering please see here :)

Keeping up to date, is this offer still on please?

We can no longer offer free or discount neutering. For help and advice call our main number.

There is a 12 month project running in Sheffield. Started and funded by the RSPCA to provide free neutering and microchipping to Cats and kittens in all post codes of Sheffield

This is because there is an explosion of unwanted cats in the city. Many living in despicable conditions thrown out on the streets Please neuter your cat. They can breed from 4 months old. Lots of advice available

Search catsmartsheffield on Facebook. Or pm me for info.

Please share.

There is a 12 month project running in Sheffield. Started and funded by the RSPCA to provide free neutering and microchipping to Cats and kittens in all post codes of Sheffield

This is because there is an explosion of unwanted cats in the city. Many living in despicable conditions thrown out on the streets Please neuter your cat. They can breed from 4 months old. Lots of advice available

Search catsmartsheffield on Facebook. Or pm me for info.

Please share.

My heart sank to see that the discount scheme is no more but I know that it has run for many years and must have cost a fortune :(

Fantastic news that RSPCA has taken this on, we all need to give if we can to the Sheffield branch to keep this going (they have separate money from the national one) the situation with cats in Sheffield is dire, its a disgrace.

So true Moonbird. Cat Protection are running support in Rotherham and hopefully just starting one in Doncaster too, they like all of us know that neutering is the only answer.

The CATSMART project is run by RSPCA NATIONAL, and supported by Sheffield RSPCA, in partnership with Cat Protection, Rain Rescue and Sheffield Cat Shelter. We are all trying to do as much as we can and asking the public to share and encourage people who have un-neutered cats to take advantage of this.

If people have stray and community cats in the areas too - this is the perfect time to get neutered as kitten and breeding season hopefully slows down.

It will need the people of Sheffield to engage with it, because even with 4 charities involved, we are all already overloaded and have few people to be able to actually trap and transport and ensure the cats have recovered prior to re-releasing if the cats are feral.