Caution dog walkers of Stannington

Hi all. Please be assured that the white powder is just flour and was used by some people hashing (like orienteering whilst running) to mark their route last night. Not harmful at all to any animals.

Thank you for letting us know- I have passed your message onto my Mum. However given the recent cases of dogs being poisoned around the s6 area I can understand why my Mum and probably other dog walkers will have panicked at seeing this scattered around lamp posts this morning. It has meant a distressing morning for my mother, a mad dash to the vets just in case, un necessary medication and treatment for the dog and a vet bill. At least it will reassure my Mum he won't suddenly take a turn for the worse over night.

Have just come across this topic and was glad for the explanation as I saw similar piles of white powder on various stones on the footpath at Lady Cannings last week and was very concerned. Must say that orienteerers might be advised to find a less alarming method of marking their routes

Better to be safe than sorry as there are far too many incidents of people attempting to poison dogs lately!